Opinions needed please.To switch from Legend series to Reference series???

jordan122345

Hello all I am brand spankin new to the forum but have been a huge Klipsch fan since the 90's. So I am curious if it will be worth switching my current speaker setup or not.

So I currently have Fronts KLF 10's, Center KLF C7, Rears KSF S5, Sub KSW15.I have a integra DTR 7.9 for a receiver,Denon 2500btci Blu ray, and a monster power HTS3600 for protection.And last a Mitsubishi 65" 835 Diamond model

I have been thinking of possibly upgrading the speakers to RF 82 fronts,RC64 center,RC62 rears and maybe keeping the same sub.

So the question would it be a good upgrade or no.I only watch movies and very very very seldom listen to just music on the system.

Any input would be awesome or any thoughts on any of the other pieces in my system as well.

Thanks Ron

Welcome to the forum!

There are (or were listing is only 2 days old at this point) a pair of RF-83's for sale in the garage sale area. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/153741.aspx You might save some money, and have a little bigger left and right. The guy is in New York. I have no opinion on comparing the KLF to the RF speakers, as I haven't had either. I have heard good things about both the KLF and the RF.

Welcome to the forum! I have never heard the Legend series, but many have said wonderful things about them, paticularly the 3-way KLF 20s and 30s. IMO, the Reference series spearkers are far-and-away the best HT speakers on the market anywhere close to their price range, and if you have the money and are looking for an upgrade, I belive you'd be very pleased! The Reference surrounds are exceptionally good speakers, as is the RC-62 and RC-64. I noticed you listed the RC-62 as possible surround speakers...I assume you meant RS-62s. If you get the RF-82s, save some money and get the RC-52 surrounds. They will more than do the job. One last note; the RC-64, while it will sound very good with your system, is designed for the bigger RF-7 II (or RF-63/83 model line). It is a HUGE center with real wood veneer, and you might want to consider one of the larger floor-standing Reference speakers (new or used) as an option.

On the sub...there have been some huge advances in technology in the past 5-10 years. I've not heard the KSW15, but you might be able to find something better in the $500.00 range.

Welcome to the forum, the KLF-10's are the low end of the Legend series, not to say they are bad, they just lack the depth of the 20's and 30's.I have a pair of 10's in my wood shop, that I spend alot of time with. But the RF-62, or the used RF-83's would open up a whole new range of sound for you. Not the mention the RC-64 which would be night and day to what you have. I question alot of peoples so called "UPGRADES" but this I would give my blessing! Also depending where you are and what shape your Klf-10's are in they could really help finance your new gear, they are a hot commodity on the used market. Of course if your listening in a 10' x 10' room I might say not to do this, so what is your listening area like?

went from klf20s and a klf c7 to rf83s and rc64

the best reason to transition from your set to a newer reference set is for the movies, the 20s are great (never had the 10s so cant directly comment on them but would imagine 20s hold the edge) and my 83s seemed slightly like a latteral move instead of huge "upgrade" imo the 83s are the best 3 way sounding speakers from a 2 way design and seem to do music and movies very well

i was most pleased with the newer center, frrom the c7 to the rc64 its like someone lifted a blanket off of the center speaker

from having some kg 1.5s and comparing them to the rb81s and rs62s is also night and day, i would imagine the s5's would be similiar as to holding no comparision to the newer surrounds

probably best to sell your system as a whole if possible and match everything with 1 generation of the newer reference sets

is it worth it? Yup!!!

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located because it would be great if you could listen to as much of this stuff as possible to help you make a decision. Everyone is going to tell you yes; get more speakers but keep in mind you're asking the question to a bunch of addicts.[:P] I love my reference collection but then again I love my heritage stuff too. I did own a KLF C7 and thought it was a pretty great sounding center and that was at the same time that I had my RC 7 and an RC 3. I haven't had an opportunity to give the RC 64 a listen to I don't have an opinion on something I haven't heard.

I live in aurora colorado and I dont know of any place that has the upper end reference series on display.I did get a chance to here a system of RF82's up front,RC62 center,and RS62 rears and I am not sure what sub they had running it.But it sounded pretty darn good to me.

I will take another look at the classifieds section.Thanks again
Worth a look here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://rockies.craigslist.org/ele/2611877471.html

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

Klipsch RF 83 Sound System + Samsung LCD - $4000 (Boulder)

Date: 2011-09-22, 12:47PM MDT
Reply to: sale-cmg2p-2611877471@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I've got a complete Klipsch RF 83 sound system (two towers, center channel, and two surrounds), along with the Klipsch rw 12d subwoofer. They would come with the monster cable that I purchased (all of which has the gold plated connectors), and the cable for the two towers specifically divides the mid ranges into highs and lows (all other speakers have that capability, but you would have to purchase more of the split cables like the towers have which are extremely expensive). I also have a Samsung LCD television model Samsung LN52A650, which is a 52 inch 120 Hz 1080p High definition television with a super nice picture. I purchased all of this stuff when I lived in a house 4 years ago, and now live in an apartment where I can't use any of it because it is LOUD, and takes up too much space. So I am selling it.

Any formidable/ serious offers feel free to respond to this add.... PRICE IS SOMEWHAT NEGOTIABLE

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See if seller will price seperately.

Bill

very nice thanks for the input.Can a person still get the RF83's new or only used.

I own the RF-7/RC-7 and the KLF-20/ KLF C7 and would advise hearing the RF-83s (warmer sound than the other speakers), as well as consider finding a pair of KLF-20s/30s and moving your KLF-10s to surround duty. Fwiw, I can't imagine the lower end reference being an "upgrade" to what you have now although the RC-64ii appears to be nice.