My Heresys (now with pics, too!)

Hey folks,

These are my Heresys. They are HDBL's. They were built in January of 1978, just a few months after the changeover from this flush-front style to the later drop-in front style of cabinet. I had saved the parts back to build these.

The fronts, tops, and bottoms are obviously from the same sheet of birch plywood, and they are identical for both speakers. Although the sides of each speaker are not a match to each other, the inside sides of each speaker match each other, and the outside sides of each speaker match each other...giving a mirror-image of each speaker to the other.

I chose the wood because the flame-like color tended to hide the exposed plywood edges...taking the eye away from them. The MATCHING backs were sent through the plant to be signed by the employees in different colors of pens prior to being shot with sealer and then clear gloss laquer.

The final sanding of these was done with 240 grit. They were then shot with three coats of sealer, with a light sanding between each coat. Following that they were shot with clear gloss laquer, in six thin coats with an over-shoot of laquer thinner between each coat to help the laquer level out. Smooth as a baby's butt!!

I returned the speakers to the plant a few weeks after I got them and had Heresy Industrial motorboards installed...these are the black metal grills over the woofer, as used in the Heresy stage monitors!

The pics do not do the speakers justice, but at least you get an idea of what a "one-of-a-kind" employee-purchased pair of heresys can look like!

Sorry, had difficulty getting the pics to come up...scroll down for one of them...with 4 more to follow, shortly.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-09-2002 at 04:40 AM

OOOOPS!!!...sorry folks...here is one pic...have to modify the other 4 in the morning...too many bytes...will post the rest then

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

three more pics of my heresys....sorry for the long wait

------------------

last pic I have of my heresys...the back

------------------

• 3 years later...