Dual Velodyne HGS15's in the HOUSE!

Youthman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to try out Open Range and Master and Comander when you get a chance.

I own Master and Commander, never watched it. LOL Any particular scene a good demo?

Anything with lots of gun fire on Open Range, anything with lots of Cannon fire on Master and Commander.

the second with both all the test tones and sweeps of the differant test tones down to 0Hz. It is great to demo your subs sub sonic capabilities (all feeling in the chest and chair without an audible tone)

The CD I ordered says "Tracks 10-98: Frequencies corresponding to track numbers. The numerical track indicator of the CD player matches with the frequency that is recorded on that track, for example, track 10 = 10Hz" I believe 10hz is lower than my sub will play anyways so would the Bass Mechanics CD just be redundant?

Yes and No, it would be redundant for just setting up your subs, but there are some competition Bass track songs on the DVD. It is a two disc set, one DVD and one CD. The DVD will be more impressive with your home theatre to show off your subs to company! [;)]

Rog

• Moderators

That's a good thing. Glad to hear you're staying busy.Yes.

Probably much busier than I would like to be. Full-time youth ministry, 4 children, family and on top of that, my side business in graphic and web design. Last night was the latest I've stayed up in awhile working on projects. Went to bed at 3am, got up at 7am for work. I'm thankful I have a job.

Ok, instead of renting my next movie, I'll watch Master and Commander instead. Big Smile

Michael,

I have the DVD copy and the DTS soundtrack is phenominal so I am sure with the BD and it's lossless soundtrack, it has got to be that much better.

It also is a very good historical epic with awesome set designs and great characters.

Bill

• Moderators

No Roger, I ended up renting Thor last weekend instead of watching Master and Commander. LOL

Congrats, Must sound very very good. I just bought 1812 and I bet it sounds better at your house.

Wow Nic. I would love to hear that 1812. What a monster!

For those not familiar with it, it's Velodyne's premium Signature sub from their Digital Drive Series. Check out these specs.

* Two-way, bi-amplified subwoofer
* 18" forward firing driver has 15.2" piston diameter
* 12" forward firing driver has 9.7" piston diameter
* 3" dual tandem push-pull voice coils
* Magnet structure: 57.5 lbs. total
* Twin 1,250 watt RMS, 3,000 watt dynamic amplifiers
* Drivers feature triple layer Rohacell / carbon fiber cones
* Digital high-gain servo system minimizes distortion
* Dual DSP-digital control for maximum accuracy and impact
* Perfect room-bass interaction with patented DD software
* Frequency response: 14 Hz - 120 Hz +/- 3 dB
* Dimensions: 40" high, 25.5" wide, and 18.5" deep
* Shipping weight: 450 lbs.
* MSRP: $15,000

Here is a pic I found online for size reference.

8011d1099766101-home-made-subs-pict0252_