10 Of The Worlds Longest Cable Stayed Bridges

Gilbert

those are cute little bridges....and nice pretty streams they span. looking out my window...I have a view of the 8th largest suspension bridge in the world...it has a center span that is over a mile long and is a double decker...with 6 lanes on each level.

post-22082-13819684652664_thumb.png

those are cute little bridges....and nice pretty streams they span. looking out my window...I have a view of the 8th largest suspension bridge in the world...it has a center span that is over a mile long and is a double decker...with 6 lanes on each level.

The first bridge that had to factor in and compensate for the curvature of the earth and is larger than the Golden Gate

I remember when this bridge over the Tarn River valley in France was built. The only thing is, you can't see the view of the valley from the bridge as you drive across. It is only about 2500 meters long, but is high over the valley.

post-7149-13819684654248_thumb.jpg

What about a bridge to Hawaii?

A man is walking along the beach and he trips on a magic lamp, he polishes it off and a genie comes out.
"I will grant you one wish" says the genie.
The man thinks for a while and he finally says, "You know, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I've been too scared to fly on a plane, and boats always make me seasick, so I want you to make a bridge to Hawaii."
The genie replies, "Are You Crazy!?!? That would be almost impossible, do you know how deep the ocean is, that would be such a long drive, it just isn't structurally possible. Make another wish"
The guys thinks again and then he says, "I've had plenty of relationships but I could never make them last more than a few months, I just don't understand women. I wish I could understand women."
Then genie looks at him dumbfounded and finally says, "Do you want that bridge two lane or four?"

What about a bridge to Hawaii?

There is a bridge in which preliminary design has already been done, don't remember what record it's going to break, but it will connect Italy to Sicily. It's been a while since I read about, but last I heard they were looking for Euros.