Help!! Adding sub to existing setup??

rockhound

I'm going to replace my existing sub with a smaller compact sub so the wife will stop complaining. I thought about selling this sub but then I thought maybe I could put it to use in my 2 Channel setup. The sub is a older SVS PB10 that has one RCA connection and NO LOW PASS FILTER. The pre amp (JM Peach) only has one set of MAIN OUTS and those are being feed to the MC-2105 power amp. I'm thinking I can split the outs on the peach with 2 Y splitters this would then give me 2 outputs. Now as I mentioned my sub does not have a low pass filter as the manufacturer was envisioning an AVR to handle crossing the sub (The built in filter only goes down to 333mhz or hz). I need some way to get that sub down to the 40-50 range. Can you guys tell me what additional equipment I would need to accomplish this? I'm thinking I would need some sort of crossover but I have no way in knowing how I would add the crossover into my existing setup?

The X-30 is a great little piece of gear, very flexible and often desired when incorporating a second sub into a system.

I may be selling mine if I can work out a deal with a local audio store to trade my Paradigm Servo 15a for a Revel B15 subwoofer. If the transaction occurs without me having to give up my X-30, I will most likely put it up for sale and not for $175.00 US.

Bill

Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it! Naturally I would like to get the best bang for the buck if I got to purchase another piece of equipment. I found an X30 on flea bay not sure how much better that would perform vs the NHT?? Also I called SVS for S&G's and they told me that they could sell me the newer style amp for my PB10 which would eliminate the need for another piece of equipment to work with but the price for that is 250.00. Also by splitting the peaches main outs would I be lessening the sound quality?

I found an X30 on flea bay not sure how much better that would perform vs the NHT??

I don't know either but Mirage made (still makes?) these type of units as well.

Also by splitting the peaches main outs would I be lessening the sound quality?

No.

they could sell me the newer style amp for my PB10 which would eliminate the need for another piece of equipment to work

Even if the newer SVS's amp has it's own crossover, you'll still want the X-30 as long as you're using the Peach as a preamp.

From my experience, you'll want to turn the crossover on the sub's amp all the way up (or disable it)......and use the controls on the X-30 for your bass management. Like you would if you were using an AVR with bass management. I did this when I had a Peach and a Blueberry..... it worked like a charm. [:D]