Anyone live near me so I could listen to your speakers?

cdub5

I am not sure if this helps or if anybody else has noticed this.

But in all of the cars I have ever had that have a stereo with simple treble/bass control It only sounds good with the treble as high as it goes.

Same goes for home systems treble as high as it can go.

Now with my RF-82 II's since day one I have left them flat on the treble and it has about the same sound on the highs.

So if you like lots of treble I bet you would be good with them.

Thats my thought of the day.

I've got 82's and love them. I think people often miss label Klipsch as "bright" when in fact they are extremely natural and life like. Think about it, if someone took a bat and shattered a plate of glass right beside you would probably wence a little bit because the sound would be sharp and piercing. Shouldn't your

Speakers reproduce that sound the exact same way, sharp and piercing?

I've got 82's and love them. I think people often miss label Klipsch as "bright" when in fact they are extremely natural and life like. Think about it, if someone took a bat and shattered a plate of glass right beside you would probably wence a little bit because the sound would be sharp and piercing. Shouldn't your

Speakers reproduce that sound the exact same way, sharp and piercing?

Yeah, but constantly hearing glass shattering for hours could be too much. Right?

• Moderators

Yeah, but constantly hearing glass shattering for hours could be too much. Right?

What movie are you watching? [:^)]

I think you are making this waaaaay more difficult than you should. Regardless of what speaker you have, if you are listening at ear bleeding levels, you will get ear fatigue. I tend to listen to music and HT at pretty loud volumes and I cannot ever remember having the thought of "Man my ears are getting tired" or "this is too bright". What I do rememeber on numerous occassions is saying, "WOW! That sounded awesome!". For music, I hear details that most speakers overlook or conceal. I call that accurate, not bright. When I can hear every gun shell bounce off the floor from a firearm that has been fired, I call that precision, not bright. When I can hear the intriquite sliding of a guitarist hand moving from fret to fret, that's revealing, not bright. That's the way I see it anyways.

I hear what ur saying, it's just a big purchase without ever really experiencing what i'm buying. It's like buying a car without driving it first

I am about to buy RF-7iis/RC-64ii without test driving them so don't feel alone. My dad has RF-25s hooked up to an old Pioneer 185wpc receiver and those little guys sound amazing with that much juice. My point is that even the smaller speakers in the older Ref line sound awesome so I would imagine the bigger 82iis have to sound even better. They probably sound darn close to my old set of RF-83s. If I didn't have my heart set on the 7iis I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 82iis. I say just go for it. You'll love em!

• Moderators

Yeah, I understand what you mean cdub. Ultimately, you have to do the research (both online and in person) and determine if Klipsch is right for you. They aren't for everyone. I just know that those of us in the forum would not own them if they were not incredible speakers. You probably will not hear any of us complaining that they are too "bright". I want a speaker that is in my face, that is realistic, that is lively...I have no desire for a watered down sound.

My point is that even the smaller speakers in the older Ref line sound awesome so I would imagine the bigger 82iis have to sound even better.

I agree

They probably sound darn close to my old set of RF-83s.

Now you are stretching it. [:P] The RF-63 & RF-83 are a significant step up in the Reference line than the RF-62 and RF-82 speakers.

What movie are you watching? Huh?

I think you are making this waaaaay more difficult than you should. Regardless of what speaker you have, if you are listening at ear bleeding levels, you will get ear fatigue. I tend to listen to music and HT at pretty loud volumes and I cannot ever remember having the thought of "Man my ears are getting tired" or "this is too bright". What I do rememeber on numerous occassions is saying, "WOW! That sounded awesome!". For music, I hear details that most speakers overlook or conceal. I call that accurate, not bright. When I can hear every gun shell bounce off the floor from a firearm that has been fired, I call that precision, not bright. When I can hear the intriquite sliding of a guitarist hand moving from fret to fret, that's revealing, not bright. That's the way I see it anyways.

The opening car chase of Quantum of Solace is one of my reference scenes. LOTS of highs and lows, great LFE (though not as low as some others out there).. it really puts the speakers through the paces. Having said that, there's a couple of moments where cars wreck and glass shatters that it's like "WOW" that was harsh. But like Youth said, that's precision, not bright. I'm also listening near reference levels. :P

My wife hates that movie because I've played that scene so many times.

What movie are you watching? Huh?

BRAVO!!!

congrats!!! i think you will enjoy them. I remember when i first got my nissan altima, the tweeters made me cringe. After a while though i broke them ina bit and it softened the sound. I am not saying that your speakers are going to make your cringe but give them some wear in time and get used to the sound. try different toeing in and what not too.

I hope I love em, cuz when they show up, and my wife then find out I bought speakers, I'll probably be sitting at home alone when she takes the kids and walks out the door. At least I'll be able to turn them up so I won't hear her yelling at me and slamming the door. Haha

Vann's usually delivers faster than a week. I have ordered speaker twice from them and received them once the next day and the other time in 2 days. The wife will look when the huge boxes arrive. You need some time with your new baby, so it is not all bad if she leaves for a while, lol. Congrats on your purchase!

• Moderators

I'll probably be sitting at home alone when she takes the kids and walks out the door. At least I'll be able to turn them up so I won't hear her yelling at me and slamming the door. Haha

If she reads this forum, you might definitely find yourself alone. [:P] For the record (just in case my wife is checkin the forums) I love my HT but I'd much rather snuggle up at night next to my wife. [:D]