Jubilee Woofers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was hoping to get my Jubilee Bins some time this week, however i received this email today.

Hi Klipsch just informed me that the manufacturer for the woofer driver is no longer producing. So Klipsch is in the process of sampling/testing other manufacturers. They said that this may take up to 2 to 3 months to find the right one. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will be sure to keep you posted. Kind regards,

This is the worst news i've heard all day.

manufactureing being what it is...here's what I would recommned.....there's another speaker system that uses the Jubilee drivers...I think the only difference is that the other speaker system has the gasket on the back and the jubs needs the gasket on the front...or some version of that. Replacement drivers for the other speaker system usally has an R stock designation. That means there are 4 possible part numbers.....the original jub woofer part number...the jub R stock number, the other speaker system woofer part number, and the other speaker system R stock part number. Give them a call back and asked them to be more creative........

Guest Anonymous

Should i be rethinking this whole purchase? Do i need to be concerned here? I guess i could ask for a refund until we find out if the new Jubilee Bins are decent.

I'd like to hear Roy's comments on the whole thing? or from someone who knows more than i do...

Guest Anonymous

One more thing. I know there are one or two others that are waiting for Jub replacements... One or two others were waiting on only one of two jubs.

This could change that as well...

Guest Anonymous

Turbox,

Was this from the Dealer.......? Man that is truly a shame......! I find it hard to understand the two to three month thing.....Have they stopped making the KPT Jubilee 535?

I dont think they stopped making it, the supplier of the drivers is the issue.

Guest Anonymous

I called American Cinema Equipment late in the day today to find out what is going on. Natalie was speaking directly to Roy about this issue. Roy has assured them that the new vendor for the woofer is building it to the same specs and standards as the previous vendor. I have been assured that it will have the same quality standards that we would all expect from a klipsch product. Im just having a hard time swallowing the 2-3 months. [:@]

Thoughts on this?

Im just having a hard time swallowing the 2-3 months. Angry

Thoughts on this?

You could have them send you the empty cabinet when finished and when they get the drivers in, send them later?

(trying to help squeeze lemonaid out of this for you)

Another thought... find some KLF-30's which I think use the same K31 woofer and have those drop shipped to Roy for insertion?

Another thought (agreeing with Fritzie) I am/was under the impression that they need to keep replacement parts for stuff. I would think that would apply as a replacement part? Meaning, see if they have a K31-R on the shelf.

Guess this means I better start turning my volume down. Sorry to hear about this development.

I understand the excitement and how you would like to have these yesterday once you decided to purchase them.....after all it is human nature.........but..!!!! the wait is well worth it in my opinion. I've had mine since 2006 and for me anyway they have provided me with an unmeasurable amount of pleasure easily worth all the effort I've put into them.

As far as any concern over driver vendor changes again speaking for myself if Roy test and says it meets his/Klipsch standards then nuff said in my book.

Owning Jubs is an adventure that can be challenging and fun and very rewarding for those willing to push the envelope..[;)]

mike tn

post-14473-13819687552536_thumb.jpg

This is just from my personal experience at Klipsch, not an official word from the company itself.

It takes a while to go through the process of getting a new vendor for a loudspeaker. Rest assured that the testing and quality assurance that Klipsch goes through is very thorough. There are several guys in the engineering lab and they do all the statistical methods and whole bank of tests on quite a few drivers TO DESTRUCTION in some cases to check the frequency response, power handling, etc. of any component put into Klipsch speakers. I've witnessed this process and it's all very proper and by the book. Roy will not put anything into a pro Klipsch product that does not meet the set engineering standards and listening tests.

For instance, for power handling, there is a separate shed out back with soundproof booth. Speaker is loaded into whatever cabinet and an automated process takes the speaker through a variety of 'warm up' then steps up the wattage over many hours until the speaker fails. it's quite amazing what they put the speakers through. I've seen rack and racks of the same drivers that are used to determine that the manufacture is staying within a stated spec. Klipsch retains some of those in the middle of that range as 'mules' that will be the new standard for any future vendor. Presumably that's the process they're going through right now for you. It takes time. It's worth it.

Michael

Should i be rethinking this whole purchase? Do i need to be concerned here? I guess i could ask for a refund until we find out if the new Jubilee Bins are decent.

I'd like to hear Roy's comments on the whole thing? or from someone who knows more than i do...

I wouldn't be concerned.

Good things come to those who wait. Roy would not let a compromised woofer into the Jubilee LF.

Spend the time treating your room. I waited three months for my first pair, ended up being well worth it as mine were among the first of the new build. It will probably be the same for the new woofer. Hopefully it will be more pro oriented instead of a carry over form the KLF-30.

The new build is so cool...

I called American Cinema Equipment late in the day today to find out what is going on. Natalie was speaking directly to Roy about this issue. Roy has assured them that the new vendor for the woofer is building it to the same specs and standards as the previous vendor. I have been assured that it will have the same quality standards that we would all expect from a klipsch product. Im just having a hard time swallowing the 2-3 months. Angry

Thoughts on this?

That's discouraging, but hang in there. You'll wind up with the very latest spec Jubilees, and you'll probably have them for a very long time.

If you check and read this thread, it looks like Rodrocket(page 2 or 3) was waiting for a replacement Jubilee bin. Wonder if this messes him up too, or he got his?

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/157823.aspx?PageIndex=3

Have no fear Rod Rocket is Here, lol.

My Jub is on a ship "having a cruise" before I go to greet it with the cotton wool gloves.

Waiting, Waiting, I give you Waiting, haha.

Jubs ordered 6th July 2011. after many emails and phone conversations starting 24th June 2011.

Jubs photo of LF in factory on trolley received 28th July 2011. Now that was a majic moment.

Jubs arrive in Sydney 25th August 2011.

On 26th August 2011 they rang me and said they were at the Cinema Dealer so I had to go and see them and touch the cardboard boxes, haha, so wishing I might be able to just take them home. Well I did get the 402's into the car and there was still enough space left so I could still drive it. Well, I was excited, THEY ARE JUBS, haha. My Jubs.

2nd September 2011, the Piano Revivalist delivered the Jubs to my house and when I opened the first box, I was devastated.

.Mid October 2011 Jub replacement ordered for delivery mid December 2011

Waiting Waiting Waiting. Cherry Jubs built and delivered.

7th January 2012, I was told the arrival date is now 23rd February 2012. Yes that's in 2 weeks, my fingers are "so" crossed someone else has to feed me, haha.

It's so worth the wait. Good things can take time and are worth waiting for.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like you have woofers from the old vendor. Well i got my good news to, i received this yesterday. looks like mine will be shipped in a few weeks. My woofers too are from the old vendor.

I have some good news. Klipsch has the parts to build your order. They said it should be ready to ship out in the next 2-3 weeks. I will keep you posted.