TV wall mount

Heritage_Head

• Moderators

I bought two LCD wall mounts (40" and 46") from Monoprice. Could not be more pleased. Crazy that similar mounts at Sears and Best Buy were selling close to $100. Think I paid $20 for the Monoprice mounts. Very sturdy, very well made.

I looked all over and monoprice has some great deals. But I want
one that extends and tilts as far as possible (I would like 30” extend) and can
hold a 100lb 70” with ease. Also there
is a very good chance that in the next few years I will buy an even bigger flat
screen (up to about 100” would be nice) so I also want it to be almost overkill
in stability.

The lam50 seems like the heaviest duty one I have found that
extends almost 30”.

I have four Monoprice wall mounts here. Very pleased with all of them. Hard to beat them on price.

I'd call the overall quality good+. The quality of the supplied hardware (screws and whatnot) is pretty poor. I went to the local Lowes and bought more substantial lag screws than what was supplied by Monoprice. Even with that extra cost they were still a LOT cheaper than anything else I looked at.

Here is another thing to think about. I got the sharp 70 from costco and just got a wall mount from them that was good for up to 150 lbs I think it was. The sharp is about 100 bls. It looked similar to this one.

http://flatpaneltvwallmounts.net/wp-content/uploads/flat-panel-tv-wall-mounts-3.jpg

If you notice it has a single bar out to the tv with a joint in the middle. While it holds the tv fine it seems wobbly. If you give a corner a tap the tv with wobble all around for a while. So I don't think this type would be good if you will have a chance of bumping it? I do not have the feeling this would hold up very well in a small earthquake. Or kids bumping it.

Now that I have this I realize I would have much rather have gotten one like this.

http://www.besttvwallmounts.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/best_tv_wall_mounts.jpg

With the double arms coming out it looks like it would be a lot more stable with a heavier tv.

But then again with the newer TVs coming out it would not suprise me if in 3-5 years a 100" tv will be 1/4" thick and 20 lbs.

I have the same TV. I want

something super stable so I think Im going to pay more and get the lam50.

Watch the video I linked above

The way that guy grabs that and wings it around it looks super sturdy. I would never do that with mine. The single/single arms just seems too weak. After you get it installed you should check back with a review. That looks so much better than mine I might consider changing.

I ordered it last night so hope

to install it next weekend (if it gets here by sat). I read a lot of really

good reviews on cheaper one arm and even 2 arm stands. But when I looked at the

few bad reviews on those stands it was always someone with a bigger than normal

TV saying it sagged uneven and even bent the metal (I read one that it broke

and the TV smashed on the ground).

I wouldn’t want to move it around

a lot but that video sold me.

Plus if it fell it would probably
do some serious damage to my rc-64ii and other gear as well. So I would probably be out some serious coin. A
few years back I quit smoking so as a reward to myself I can buy a new flat panel
every year. I did it for a few years but I have kind of gone over budget a
little on the last few (started out with just a 37” vizio). So I’m doing it
every other year now. But I know my next
one will be even bigger so I definitely want the mount to be good for future TV’s
that are even bigger and possibly heavier.