Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Add fresh lemon slices and Italian parsley and you have a great closeup photo of the finished dish... [;)]

Just to mention..........the butternut squash was made with 100% maple syrup, ground sea salt AND, vegetarian sour cream....... Just a novice idea that turned out really GOOD. So much so, that I would make it again for a serious dinner party!

According to Chris (my grilling expert and teacher), the fish turned out perfectly ! So, I need to keep the 500 degree grill a bench mark, and adjust the TIME for the different fish that we purchase...

post-23544-13819802703854_thumb.jpg

Here is the close up of our wine this evening.............. It IS organic and a vintner that our local Indian restaurant serves. Whole Foods has this, so we picked up it for tonight..........OUTstanding as Boxx would say [:D]

Do note the small 'milk glass' oil lamps my dad gave us...........they cast a nice, soft light as you can see...

post-23544-13819802706726_thumb.jpg

Now, we move onto the dessert portion of the dinner...........

Fresh, dark chocolate covered, almond biscotti (from Whole Foods also)... Served with a fine Starbucks dark roast coffee.... Even at this late hour, the coffee will NOT keep one awake. As you may, or may not know, the darker roasts have LESS caffine as this is roasted OUT of the coffee. The lighter roasts contain much more!

post-23544-13819802713798_thumb.jpg

Here in this parting photo, my Italian confection being dipped into the dark roast coffee.... [H]

Hope you have enjoyed this Sunday evening's FIRST for me, dinner........... I think I am getting the hang of grilling fish. Now, if I can only get those TUNA steaks just right........hmmmmmmmmm.......

As always, I hope this has inspired you to post your dishes from start to finish in photo essay so that we may all enjoy them as well...

Until the next time......

............Gary

OH, and be sure to DOUBLE click on any of these photos for a closer view....

post-23544-13819802716958_thumb.jpg

Here in this parting photo, my Italian confection being dipped into the dark roast coffee.... Cool

Hope you have enjoyed this Sunday evening's FIRST for me, dinner........... I think I am getting the hang of grilling fish. Now, if I can only get those TUNA steaks just right........hmmmmmmmmm.......

As always, I hope this has inspired you to post your dishes from start to finish in photo essay so that we may all enjoy them as well...

Until the next time......

............Gary

OH, and be sure to DOUBLE click on any of these photos for a closer view....

Wow Gary, you have outdone yourself. Fantastic photo's and menu. I picked the wrong time to check out this thread as it is nearing lunch time. Great postings once again. Boxx...

Nice work Tigerman, fish is the hardest thing to grill, followed by bone in chicken. Steaks & chops are child's play by comparison. A neat trick for fish is to grill it on cedar planks, lends a great smokey flavor. Soak the planks for 45 minutes to an hour in your sink, place a plate or bowl on them to hold them down. Impossible to burn the fish, the wet wood smolders & the fish will pick up the cedar smoke flavor. Works great with Flounder, Fluke, Salmon, heck it even improves bluefish!

If you really tried you could burn the fish but by that point it would be beyond cat food.

Thank you Stephen Schaffer for your tip with the wood planks! Very interesting.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our Fine Food area... Now, how about a nice photo essay from YOUR kitchen, I for one would be interested [Y]

Hoping to see what you come up with.....

...........Gary

Thank you Stephen Schaffer for your tip with the wood planks! Very interesting.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our Fine Food area... Now, how about a nice photo essay from YOUR kitchen, I for one would be interested Yes

Hoping to see what you come up with.....

...........Gary

I second that!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

Who all is getting their first batches of Chili ready for the season? Got my first batch going in the slow cooker right now!

I did my first batch of the year back on page 33 of this thread.

It was a new recipe for me and turned out really REALLY well.

I ate the very last of it last Saturday. I freeze it in small (2 bowls) containers then thaw it out when I get the urge for Chili.

Looking good!

Who all is getting their first batches of Chili ready for the season? Got my first batch going in the slow cooker right now!

I did my first batch of the year back on page 33 of this thread.

It was a new recipe for me and turned out really REALLY well.

I ate the very last of it last Saturday. I freeze it in small (2 bowls) containers then thaw it out when I get the urge for Chili.

I love this season! I find it funny that its cooler here than it is at my old base in Cleveland. I did see your post about your chili! Sounds amazing! Its so intriguing that there's so many different ways and styles how people like their chili. Depending on the region, beans or no beans, potatoes or no potatoes, spicy or timid... I will say, however, with it still having seven or so hours more to cook, the house already smells amazing!

As a rule I make a double batch when I'm cooking Chili. That's a good thing. A couple of hours in, about the time the house begins to start smelling really good I start tasting. I don't "taste" with a spoon but with a small bowl full.

I figure that by the time the cooking is finished I've "tasted" about half of the batch. No matter... My tummy is full and I sleep well that night.

I've found that Chili is always better the second day after resting for a while.

You've inspired me to cook up another batch. It ain't cheap to make at all and I don't have a lot of $$ to spend but I think I'm going to go for it. I can put it on the AmEx card and worry about how to pay it off next month.

As a rule I make a double batch when I'm cooking Chili. That's a good thing. A couple of hours in, about the time the house begins to start smelling really good I start tasting. I don't "taste" with a spoon but with a small bowl full.

I figure that by the time the cooking is finished I've "tasted" about half of the batch. No matter... My tummy is full and I sleep well that night.

I've found that Chili is always better the second day after resting for a while.

You've inspired me to cook up another batch. It ain't cheap to make at all and I don't have a lot of $$ to spend but I think I'm going to go for it. I can put it on the AmEx card and worry about how to pay it off next month.

I absolutely LOVE the way you think. And I agree, its better the second, third, and fourth day heh. I always make a big batch, so enough to eat on for a while. While expensive at first, the many meals that comes with it makes it all level out.

On top of that, what do you enjoy with it? A dollop of sour cream? Cheddar? Crackers or crushed crackers? Corn bread (sweet or original??)

So many choices!!!!

Hey, thanks everyone for the recent activiy and 'chili' activities ! I have never made it myself, but, a vegetarian version may be coming!!! Meanwhile, enjoy yourselves and lets see some of those photos from START to SERVING ok ???

..............Gary