Fine Food and Music

Boxx

• 3 weeks later...

For the last course, a simple salad of baby fresh, organic, baby mixed greens, XVOO, balsamic vinegar, panels of pecorino romano cheese...and a fine aritsian bread from Whole Foods lightly toasted...thats all... Enjoy our little dinner offering on a snowy evening on December 29th - the 5th day of Christmas [;)]

post-23544-13819826752446_thumb.jpg

PM !! I LOVE it when you post, but in FINE FOOD, is really a treat! Thanks so much for taking the time to show [Y] I really like the 'Latin' and the framed and titled photos. Nice touch as always with your posts [;)]

Now, do we get a place setting of the plating ?

Wishing to SEE ! [:D]

.........Gary

PM !! I LOVE it when you post, but in FINE FOOD, is really a treat! Thanks so much for taking the time to show Yes I really like the 'Latin' and the framed and titled photos. Nice touch as always with your posts Wink

Wishing to SEE ! Big Smile

.........Gary

p3090012u.jpg

PM !! I LOVE it when you post, but in FINE FOOD, is really a treat! Thanks so much for taking the time to show Yes I really like the 'Latin' and the framed and titled photos. Nice touch as always with your posts Wink

Wishing to SEE ! Big Smile

.........Gary

p3090012u.jpg

Chili for breakfast... Count me in...

Great PM..........looks SO rich with tomatoes! I LOVE that... All in what looks like a bit of Feista Ware too !

When I do up a pasta sauce, I could pretty much make a meal just out of THAT [:D]

Now, TONIGHT is our dinner part as you know... I will taking photos and posting all of the goings on, and most importantly, the work in the kitchen!

The MENU starts with.......

1st course social....... exotic cheeses, imported crackers along with a nice glass of Champagne for all..

2nd course, everyone served at the table... My vegan Swedish Meatballs... Served with a FINE reserve CAB from Chile !

3rd course, mixed green salad with pecorino romano cheese panels, XVOO sea salt and a few kalamata olives placed on each plate...

4th, a lovely Rasberry TORT from Whole Foods...

Stay tuned [:)]

.........Gary

Great PM..........looks SO rich with tomatoes! I LOVE that... All in what looks like a bit of Feista Ware too !

When I do up a pasta sauce, I could pretty much make a meal just out of THAT Big Smile

Now, TONIGHT is our dinner part as you know... I will taking photos and posting all of the goings on, and most importantly, the work in the kitchen!

The MENU starts with.......

1st course social....... exotic cheeses, imported crackers along with a nice glass of Champagne for all..

2nd course, everyone served at the table... My vegan Swedish Meatballs... Served with a FINE reserve CAB from Chile !

3rd course, mixed green salad with pecorino romano cheese panels, XVOO sea salt and a few kalamata olives placed on each plate...

4th, a lovely Rasberry TORT from Whole Foods...

Stay tuned Smile

.........Gary

Gary, I'm on my way to visit... lol...

Stay tuned Smile

.........Gary

Ummm, you're probably not seeing any tomato in that bowl. Just sayin'.

;-)

A pretty good sammich for lunch today...

Over the last few days I've been helping a good friend with some computer issues. All said and done I sold her one of my older Dell machines (for $50) which is WAY faster than what she was using. The catch was that I got to migrate her data over to the new machine. Right now I'm dealing with how to eliminate over 900K (out of 1.4M) duplicate files. I have my hands full.

Knowing that she offered me one of her homemade Reuben sandwiches as partial payment for my troubles. She basically supplied it to me "partially built but near ready to grill".

Today I cooked it up for lunch. Once grilled I added a portion of local deli Cole Slaw on the side and washed it all down with a big glass of iced tea. Hands down one of the best lunches I've enjoyed in quite a while. What I really needed was a big tub of a good potato salad but I don't have any and didn't feel like making the drive to the store to buy some.

Posted Image

Tonight will be a bowl of left over from last night linguine & clam sauce, a couple of slices of bread, and maybe a highball or three. Or perhaps not. Truth be told I'm still stuffed from lunch.

A big ole "loaded" baked potato for dinner

A few years ago a big baked potato was a fairly regular evening meal for me. Sometimes they were topped in Chili and sharp cheddar cheese. Other times it would be butter, chives, bacon bits, onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Always good and always eaten down to the very last scrap, skin included.

These came about when I was working a job where I needed to be able to cook something quick and easy when I got home. I have a microwave/convection oven that cooks even the biggest ones to perfection in around 30 minutes. I never have liked microwaved baked potatoes. The internal texture just isn't quite right. I don't know why I stopped eating them but I've been craving them lately so I bought all of the needed stuff today.

As a rule I would pre-mix the sour cream, onion, bacon bits, onions chives, and cheddar cheese together in a covered bowl and store in the fridge. In small batches it would keep for a few days and would do 2 or 3 potatoes

For the curious here are the steps involved: (1) Wash the potato very well and dry with a couple of paper towels. (2) Prick the skin all over with a fork. I mean go medieval on it. (3) Rub with a little vegetable oil (I use XVOO) and liberally dust the oiled skin with kosher salt. (4) Place it on a microwave safe dish and pop it in the nuke-box. (5) Cook using a combo of microwave on low and the convection at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. (6) Take it out (be careful the plate will be hot), split it, fluff it up a bit with a fork, stuff it full of liberal amounts of your favorite potato fixins. (7) Enjoy!

Yes... I know that it's probably a heart attack on a plate. All things considered at this point I don't care. It just tastes good.

Posted Image

Good tunes too... Rush Retrospective spinning as I dust off the remains of my tater. GAWD I'm stuffed.

A big ole "loaded" baked potato for dinner

A few years ago a big baked potato was a fairly regular evening meal for me. Sometimes they were topped in Chili and sharp cheddar cheese. Other times it would be butter, chives, bacon bits, onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Always good and always eaten down to the very last scrap, skin included.

These came about when I was working a job where I needed to be able to cook something quick and easy when I got home. I have a microwave/convection oven that cooks even the biggest ones to perfection in around 30 minutes. I never have liked microwaved baked potatoes. The internal texture just isn't quite right. I don't know why I stopped eating them but I've been craving them lately so I bought all of the needed stuff today.

As a rule I would pre-mix the sour cream, onion, bacon bits, onions chives, and cheddar cheese together in a covered bowl and store in the fridge. In small batches it would keep for a few days and would do 2 or 3 potatoes

For the curious here are the steps involved: (1) Wash the potato very well and dry with a couple of paper towels. (2) *** the skin all over with a fork. I mean go medieval on it. (3) Rub with a little vegetable oil (I use XVOO) and liberally dust the oiled skin with kosher salt. (4) Place it on a microwave safe dish and pop it in the nuke-box. (5) Cook using a combo of microwave on low and the convection at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. (6) Take it out (be careful the plate will be hot), split it, fluff it up a bit with a fork, stuff it full of liberal amounts of your favorite potato fixins. (7) Enjoy!

Yes... I know that it's probably a heart attack on a plate. All things considered at this point I don't care. It just tastes good.

potato_zps673a1c4b.jpg

Good tunes too... Rush Retrospective spinning as I dust off the remains of my tater. GAWD I'm stuffed.

Jeff, Now that looks good....