Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Here, the FINAL photo for this evening's dinner offering........ I added some freshly toasted sour dough bread from Whole Foods to accomp. the fresh salad..

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time............. into those kitchens and be inspired... Then, don't forget to post! Please use my latest photos as an example.

...........Gary

post-23544-13819828915518_thumb.jpg

img1921kj.jpg

My contribution to last night's pot-luck superbowl party, from the local redneck pizzeria.

Wolf Brand Chili (no beans)
Fritos
Cheese
Red Onion
Jalapenos

Actually pretty *** good!

With an appropriate beverage this meal can go a long way.... (and sometimes it can show up again at breakfast).

A closeup of MY plate... Wink

Gary, I finally got a chance to study your most recent photo's. Great shots and a wonderful meal. I'm pretty sure that the vintage wine you enjoyed came in my last shipment from the "club." Thanks, as always, for posting.... Boxx

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening fellow foodies. Here we are on a February Friday evening and its time to show you all my very FIRST attempt at making a fresh batch of guacamole ! There were NO recipies used. I simply kept in mind our last visit to an authentic Mexican restaurant uptown when our server made a batch FRESH right at our table !

So, here is a photo of the ingredients used for this lovely 'dip' ...

post-23544-13819829992258_thumb.jpg

In this final photo, the nosh setting, exotic olives and cheese with a glass of good red wine..

This guacamole turned out VERY nicely and there is much more left over to serve once again.

Thanks for stopping by [:D]

Until next time, be inspired, put something tasty together and don't forget the photos from the start to the finish....

...........Gary

post-23544-13819830000648_thumb.jpg

Lets have a quick taste! The chips are an organic corn chip and a premium store brand.

Gary, Now that looks like a dish that this old Texan would enjoy... Great photo's

Also, I may have missed it in earlier photo's, but I see that you make use a Turkish coffee mill (for grinding pepper?). I have been using one for many years. I got the tip on using one from Jeff Smith, once "The Frugal Gourmet" (on TV).

Good evening fellow food enthusiast [:)]

Just a couple photos from a couple of dishes 're-assembled' from our local Italian dinner Thursday night from Joe's Cafe' ...

Here is the overhead photo of the dinner table, complete with oil lamps and fresh flower arrangement [Y]

Enjoy....

......Gary

post-23544-13819830393282_thumb.jpg