Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Good evening fellow FOOD lovers.........

Tonight, we had a outdoor on the deck dinner party..... It was just four of us and our guests were are closest neighbors... I sent them an email asking them to come to our outdoor table at 6:00pm. (they arrived on time) for nosh and a pasta dinner.........they are both Italian, so I knew it would work out nicely...

I mentioned that during nosh, I would attempt to cook the complete dinner outside while they watched and talked, ALL of it on the grill !! Mind you, there was NO grilling what ever, but using the 5 natural gas burners as if the grill were an outdoor range. It worked !

Here is a photo showing the added hardwood tables to the right and left... On the left grill wing, ALL my prepped ingredients are covered and ready. The pot for boiling, stock pot for the sauce saute and the saute pan for the meatballs... The rest can be seen and identified...

1Ingredientsongrill_zps93207ce4.jpg

After a short time, the baby bella mushrooms have been saute'd, the tomatos added as well as the star herb of this dish, SAGE [Y] DO NOTE, the stock pot has been moved onto the main grill burner to continue cooking...

post-23544-13819857420218_thumb.jpg

Here is a closeup of my dish..........the meatballs were completely enjoyed.. HOWEVER, the fellow accoss from me was doubtful that he would like the veggie meatballs and asked at the outset if he could speak freely if he didn't like them.............as it turned out, he only tried a little piece of one, and declined to eat the rest. He was just TOO used to the fine meatballs made by his Italian family members........oh well, can't please everyone [;)]

post-23544-13819857423908_thumb.jpg

Here then is a final photo for you all................our wine selection for this dinner...........it was from our wine club and turned out to be excellent with this dish... A fine and FUN evening was had by all [Y] My guests walked back to there home just on the other side of our fence and we bid them a careful walk home....

All for now..............here then ends the tour of an actually dinner party Fine Food experience... Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did putting it all together!

Until next time..................put something tasty together and post for all to enjoy...

.........Gary

post-23544-1381985742502_thumb.jpg

No pics as forgot to take any but my wife Dawn and our youngest daughter Alea gilled up some turkey breast tostadas with fresh fire roasted corn salsa on the Weber and grilled peach tacos for desert. Very tasty. Stove was out of commission as I had power off working on breaker box. Still not done but put back together with most things completed.

Good evening fellow FOOD lovers.........

Tonight, we had a outdoor on the deck dinner party..... It was just four of us and our guests were are closest neighbors... I sent them an email asking them to come to our outdoor table at 6:00pm. (they arrived on time) for nosh and a pasta dinner.........they are both Italian, so I knew it would work out nicely...

I mentioned that during nosh, I would attempt to cook the complete dinner outside while they watched and talked, ALL of it on the grill !! Mind you, there was NO grilling what ever, but using the 5 natural gas burners as if the grill were an outdoor range. It worked !

Here is a photo showing the added hardwood tables to the right and left... On the left grill wing, ALL my prepped ingredients are covered and ready. The pot for boiling, stock pot for the sauce saute and the saute pan for the meatballs... The rest can be seen and identified...

1Ingredientsongrill_zps93207ce4.jpg

Great photo Gary... Everything looks fantastic...

Here is a closeup of my dish..........the meatballs were completely enjoyed.. HOWEVER, the fellow accoss from me was doubtful that he would like the veggie meatballs and asked at the outset if he could speak freely if he didn't like them.............as it turned out, he only tried a little piece of one, and declined to eat the rest. He was just TOO used to the fine meatballs made by his Italian family members........oh well, can't please everyone Wink

Mangiare, mangiare e godere .... (Eat, eat and enjoy)

Thank you Boxx for checking in........can ALWAYS count on your lovely compliments [Y] [;)]

Until the next foodie adventure.......... I am thinking of ways to post here while down at my Dad's place in North Carolina, as Chris and I will be cooking up a menu each evening... If I can post from down there from the iPad, I will do it !

For now..............cook, take photos, eat............enjoy [:D]

..........Gary

Hacker food... but it tastss good. Last night's version looked MUCH better and not a torn up mess and lacked the tomatoes.. This image better and on a non-paper plate.

Today's lunch. Pork rinds on the side. Grilled provolone and deli chicken on multi grain bread with freshly grated parmigiana regiano (spelling?) with leftover marinara made from Red Gold tomatoes grown and canned in Indiana. Many fields around here even accross the road but not for a few years. Canned in Elwood Indiana. They also have some high end and/or organic brand(s) thay may be found at Whole Foods and other such establishments. www.redgold.com Turtle cheesecake for desert.

21455_3280206302223_2050577376_n.jpg

Back to the real food. Here's last night's for comparison. A bit blackened but not quite burnt. Too much parmagiana regiano on today's stuck badly. I did add a bit more butter for second side but not enough.

526839_3277331670359_1431573188_n.jpg

Back to the ultra uber gourmet specialties... my cooking belongs more in the late night snack section...

my cooking belongs more in the late night snack section...

Looks tasty to me Ben . That late night snack thread I started did some damage to my waistline that's why I let it die .

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/121162.aspx?PageIndex=1

I almost put it there.... even after posting here but it was for normal dinner and lunch. I think the late night snack thread is only hibernating and our youngest daughter and her friend just returned with some Dan's Donuts at 2:15 AM. They open or start at 1:00 AM and kids, young adults, and of course the police wait in line for fresh donuts.... Just polished off my first, strawberry frosted. Pure simple carbs... talk about damge to one's waistline.

And followed wiith a chocolate frosted.... and I put the sandwiches and donuts in late night snacks thread... sorry Sunburnwilly, that thread may never die... 2 flippin' donuts and I'm more hungry

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, Boxx.........I am sitting here in my day's kitchen, enjoying the brand new wifi I just installed for him, and reading through the posts here now........I am bowled over by the photos from genuine French bistro! The photos and descriptions were wonderful..........Funny, we are house watching for our neighbors that are on cruise as I type enjoying a trip to France themselves AND my boss / company owner is abroad in France right now too !!! ........Guess its the year to be there (0: .......Thanks everyone for your posts, I appreciate the efforts from you all..............Gary

Very sad news.... Brennan's in New Orleans is closing...

The good news... Chief David Wilson, at his seafood grill (in Cedar Hill, TX), will be celebrating his association with Brennan's, with some great weekend meals. (See below)

BrennansTribute6.jpg
David's Seafood Grill
David's Seafood Grill
David C. Wilson, Sr.
350 E. FM 1382
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
P: 972-293-0005

davidsseafood@sbcglobal.net
http://www.davidsseafoodgrill.com
Unsubscribe Update Your Profile Forward To a Friend

New Orleans Week Menu
FRIDAY DINNER - August 9, 2013

Creole Onion Soup -
Cup or Bowl
Bayou Black Drum (cousin to the Redfish) - Char-grilled then topped with a great creole sauce. Served with Jambalaya and fried eggplant.
Shrimp Clemenceau - (A Brennan's Original) - Sautéed shrimp in a wonderful mixture with garlic, onion, mushrooms, petit peas and Brabant potatoes.
A David's Creation - Amaretto, almond Cheesecake topped with the original Brennan Bananas Foster Recipe.