Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Very nice Gary and great documentation. You do set the bar high for the rest of us!

Gary does put in the kitchen work for sure; BUT, quite a few times i have to wait in the fast food drive thru line--just saying, that can be brutal too.

I've pretty much given up on trying to make anything other than salsa (that's the only thing that turns out good). I tried to make pasta a few months ago and started a fire--while trying to boil the water--go figure. (if you wonder how i can do that--watch Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm--like him, i can get myself into the weirdest situations). I'm just not made for a kitchen i guess.

Hey there StewMan...........Sorry about your kitchen mishap! I find being careful around the open flame of the range, or the hot cast discs on the secondary workstation is key.. I also have to watch sharp knives in the collection, every once and a while, they BITE ! :mellow:

Don't give up my friend :emotion-21:

...........Gary

Hey there StewMan...........Sorry about your kitchen mishap!

this one was less severe than when i was a teenager. My brother and I decided to make onion rings. we filled a pot with oil and put it on the stove. Failing to consider the law of liquid displacement--when we dumped in the onion rings--you know where that oil went.

Grabbed some baking soda from the cabinet and one little clump came out of the box. The whole range top is now aflame--i ran into the backyard and started getting dirt and throwing it on the stove. Mom and the sisters were out of town. My Dad came into the kitchen, after the flames were out and said "what happened here?" we told him and he said, "make sure you clean it up." Another word was never said.

this one was less severe than when i was a teenager. My brother and I decided to make onion rings. we filled a pot with oil and put it on the stove. Failing to consider the law of liquid displacement--when we dumped in the onion rings--you know where that oil went.

Grabbed some baking soda from the cabinet and one little clump came out of the box. The whole range top is now aflame--i ran into the backyard and started getting dirt and throwing it on the stove. Mom and the sisters were out of town. My Dad came into the kitchen, after the flames were out and said "what happened here?" we told him and he said, "make sure you clean it up." Another word was never said.

Well... When I was younger I put four slices of bread in the toaster oven (one of those with a tray). The oven only stopped heating when you unplugged it. Needless to say I forgot about the toast and had a roaring fire going in the kitchen by the time I got around to checking on the toast... The rest of the day was not a super day at home....

Edited by Boxx

Well... When I was younger I put four slices of bread in the toaster oven (one of those with a tray). The oven only stopped heating when you unplugged it. Needless to say I forgot about the toast and had a roaring fire going in the kitchen by the time I got around to checking on the toast... The rest of the day was not a super day at home....

I once used regular dishwashing detergent in a dishwasher .

Everyone does that once right ?

Seeing Gary's fine and mostly healthy cooking in these here parts I don't want to get flamed after the "Heart Attack Grill" article on the first page of this thread but every once in a while I'll make the oil cooked ventricle stopper but like all things in moderation every once in a while should be OK right? If not I do it anyway, my wife is obsessed with her facebook and post my dinners to her friends all the time and last night was not exception :o Anyway I know this meal may put Gary off but I at least once a year need to make these just to wash it all back with a nice Pilsner :rolleyes:

Scotch Eggs with (While the Grease was hot) fried Okra!!!

post-16574-0-45120000-1394052938_thumb.j

Seeing Gary's fine and mostly healthy cooking in these here parts I don't want to get flamed after the "Heart Attack Grill" article on the first page of this thread but every once in a while I'll make the oil cooked ventricle stopper but like all things in moderation every once in a while should be OK right? If not I do it anyway, my wife is obsessed with her facebook and post my dinners to her friends all the time and last night was not exception :o Anyway I know this meal may put Gary off but I at least once a year need to make these just to wash it all back with a nice Pilsner :rolleyes:

Scotch Eggs with (While the Grease was hot) fried Okra!!!

Count me in..... Looks excellent....

Hey there Kaiser...........not put off at all.........I am just happy to see others add their photos to this foodie spot... ;)

I did note your cast iron skillet however..... Which brand ? How old ? 10" ?

With all the kitchen accessories around here and the tri-ply pots and pans of high quality, I just picked up my first cast iron piece (last summer)..

This is a 'Lodge' grill and griddle which goes over the CENTER burner of the gas range. So far, I have made hash browns and pancakes on it. I am still perfecting my from scratch pancakes, they need more work!

So, its back to waffles on the 1950 Westinghouse 'low profile' pedestal, Art Deco iron... I have better luck there :)

More kitchen photos from me soon......................stay tuned my fellow foodies :D

.........Gary

Good evening foodies! WhileI am listening to 'Showdown' an excellent LP recorded back in 1985.. Features Albert Collins, Robert Cray and Johnny Copeland, It's all about the blues (0:

Ok, tonight's IN DEPTH photo survey is all about outdoor, grilling I the winter! This one featuring fresh tuna steaks...

Let's begin with the first element used in the marinade .. On the bamboo cutting surface....... GARLIC. (0:194c0033430b059de0b6c4b216d2bf8f_zpsfc59

Here, the full head of garlic is chopped to a medium cut.... I am enjoying how the sunset coming through the French doors is casting its light on the cutting surface...

45e42a05bc0a868ab45b6870c93bc3ba_zps92c2

Edited by TIgerman

In this photo, our poor grill in winter position and looking rather weathered compared to summer mode when it is highly polished... Note the snow which was melting today in the 40 degree weather....19fd1955c5834af5910f7337f7eb9485_zps2dd8