Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Here you go Tar, the vino selection close up.... Oh, and the pasta was served in 10" Italian serving bowls, but we like using then for our dinner 'personal' bowls. (0: 8f0c4df7fa676a62086f932c636ca9f8_zps114b

Gary, Great set of photo.... especially your salads. As always I did enjoy looking very closely at each one..... Wine choice = perfection....

Thank you SO much Boxx, Tarheel and Larry C for you nice compliments :)

NO photoshoping what so ever, strictly pointing and shooting with the iPad, very simple to use and post WHILE composing dishes. Used to be getting the whole thing done and overwith, then loading the photos into the PC via camera card, then adding captions and sending them along...

Boxx, I am sorry to say, we never saw your finished pasta dish..... :( Perhaps another time.

Tarheel, the tomatoes are from Whole Foods, and they are excellent all year round, the quality never changes. During the winter, I love smelling the green vines of this night shade, reminds me of our summer tomato garden, only in the off season. B)

Well, it won't be too long before we go to the nursery and pickup all of our baby veggie plants AND deck plants/flowers ^_^ !

Ok, get in your kitchens and compose a fine dish and post photos, I for one would LOVE to see them...

...............Gary

• Like 1

Boxx, I am sorry to say, we never saw your finished pasta dish.....
Sorry to say, but glad to report that I'm enjoying it right now.... Ran out of gas last night.... and so it goes.... lol...

Good evening my fellow foodies..... Just something very good, and not taking much effort on my part...

Chris went to Whole Foods today, made a visit to his fish monger and bought some salmon filets, sword fish steaks and cod fish cakes.. I had my choice, and picked the cod.... So, a little canola oil in the omelet pan, four cod cakes on low heat until crispie brown on each side...

I made up some fresh tarter sauce as well. The side was a Jewish dish (also from the Whole Foods kitchen) of plums, apricots, figs and carrots in a dark sweet sauce which I placed in a glass Corning dish and heated in the microwave...

Here is the overhead view of our table...201a93933f224a0db820168ac9bf6f10_zps3073

Boxx, you should do up that salmon! Get some nice photos (0; I believe it's going to be the tuna steaks tomorrow night off the grill... Stay tuned for that....

All for now, back to RTM .... Oh, and here is the vino selection left over from last night... A great wine for the price....c5da40c450158c7607c75a2104c0efe1_zps9541

Edited by TIgerman

Boxx, you should do up that salmon! Get some nice photos (0; I believe it's going to be the tuna steaks tomorrow night off the grill... Stay tuned for that....

All for now, back to RTM .... Oh, and here is the vino selection left over from last night... A great wine for the price....c5da40c450158c7607c75a2104c0efe1_zps9541

Gary, I don't think you can go wrong with the Salmon Creek wine.....

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your very fine compliments Tar and Boxx..... I will do up the swordfish steaks tomorrow night, and the thought of this may get Boxx inspired to thaw out his salmon .... I can hope anyway.. (0;

Hey there Old Timer..... Sorry I did not get your post until this late hour a number of days later... Your dish sounds excellent. However, we NEED photos so that all can enjoy.... Don't let me be the only one (0;

• Moderators
I dine vicariously through your offerings my friend. Well done!

Really, but only if we could taste it.

Tigerman, between the photos the presentation and dish ideas you should make a coffee table style recipe book with plenty of pictures and a little story, your a natural. :emotion-55:

Well done as always !

• Like 1

• Moderators

I thought that because most people cook, everyone eats but very few take the time to document it and take the time to do a nice job of presentation and wine pairing. And I know why, it takes as much effort to do the pics before and after while planning and put the whole thing together.

From reading and looking at Tigermans cooks it's like a ritual for him, he's not just cooking it looks like he enjoying a hobby and it appears the process is as important as the end result.

I love to cook but have never gone at it from that angle, I love when people enjoy what I cook but it's really because I like to do it and I get to see how doing different things and different spices change things. I guess I just love to eat that much, I could easily be extremely overweight if I weren't careful.

• Like 1