Fine Food and Music

Boxx

........and lastly, here is our wine selection..... Boxx, this is from a case I bought Chris a few years back for Christmas... We drink this 1999 vintage ONLY when there is good occasion to do so.....

Somehow, the opening of the DECK seemed a great reason for the opening of this bottle seen here......

a7d01da5811e31aff0a5df390d244f0a_zps8fed

Gary, I'm not sure if I have tried this vintage... I'll be on the lookout...

Good Memorial Day evening everyone.

Just dropped in to say thank you everyone for stopping by and viewing ALL the photos, both foodie and otherwise :)

Yes Boxx, the deck was enjoyed this morning with breakfast, and then dinner again this evening. Chris took two photos I printed up of the deck from last summer to our plant nursery today. I promised to show the owners what setting 'their' hanging plants were in on our deck. The two photos showed the same shot, one during daylight hours, then at sundown with all the LED lighting on.

They were really happy with what they saw ^_^ and that was good news.

Anyway, Boxx, this 1999 vino is very good, but LOADED with sentiment, hence the wine 'accessory' which you also have is used to filter that matter out of the glass pouring....

All for now, stay tuned everyone...................and now it is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to show off your cooking and plating skills... What do you say?

..................Gary

Good evening fellow foodies.... Just decided at the last minute to take some photos from tonight's dinner....

So, this dish turns out to be a take off on the common Thai dish, Pad Thai.... I make this one vegetarian...

Here in the photo, things are already under way... This dish was done at my workstation tonight... The stock pot has the sauté of red onion, head of garlic, XVOO, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. After that cooks down a bit, I added organic snow peas and let them sauté for a while....

The sauce pan on the right has the extra firm tofu which I cut up into long rectangular pieces... Add in the genuine sweet black been soy sauce, and let cook down a bit....

Then, add the fish sauce to BOTH pots and let cook down a bit more.. Mmmmmmm, things are really smelling intense at this point!

559825f1e9b934a0791b43cd27b21c9b_zps9c87

.......g.

Edited by TIgerman

......lastly, a close up of my plate..... The vino is from a 'Carlo Rossi' box, freshly bought, opened tonight...

Hope you enjoyed this short tour, of my modified Pad Thai, based on snow peas and tofu.... Stay tuned for more....1a0b835513fdb48ff13832050da1999c_zpse14a

...........Gary

Good evening foodies.....

Right at the moment, I am prepping a fresh bowl of guacamole for our nosh portion of dinner tonight..

So, in the bowl, I have chopped the 2 fresh tomatoes, 6 large cloves of garlic and one small red onion.... Ready next is fresh organic cilantro, XVOO, pink sea salt and fresh lime juice with 2 Bosc Avacados.... 685816168f26bbad17525d9c1befdbb7_zps502d

All the ingredients are in now, and I STILL use this trusty old potato masher made in the sixties!! Do note the 'fashionable' color inset on this ole gadget..... Avocado !!! (0; You probably had one in your family years ago too... Refrigerators and stoves even came in this color.... d4d165bdb42a8e609e67177f74ad5abf_zps78e3

Here is the serving for the nosh, just a little, with heated corn chips and it is tasting really good this time around...

And some Carlo Rossi Cab from the box. (my every day vino choice).

Hope you all enjoyed the show...... (0;

.......Gary2d0fc2769677ac37096bb2e436734f4b_zps39ec

Here is the serving for the nosh, just a little, with heated corn chips and it is tasting really good this time around...

And some Carlo Rossi Cab from the box. (my every day vino choice).

Hope you all enjoyed the show...... (0;

.......Gary2d0fc2769677ac37096bb2e436734f4b_zps39ec

Hey Gary, I just took a second look at these photo's and I may have to have some Mexican beer with my meal tonight.... Very nice....

Gary, This is a bottle of TRADER JOE'S Chardonnay. It is from the BRONCO WINE COMPANY and is called a Charles Shaw Blend (2012 California)

Chilled.... it is excellent... and it comes at $2.99 a bottle..... This has caused quite a stir in Dallas with other stores trying to compete.

Trader Joe's is new to the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

DSC_0178.jpg

Edited by Boxx

At Christmas my fiance and i spent a night short of a week in Chicago at the 4 winds by sheraton. Its directly above a trader joes. It made for some wonderful mornings through the evening. Impressive stocked goods at easy pricing.

• Like 1

Good evening foodies!

Thank you Boxx for the photo of that TJ vino! Guess I won't see it around here anytime soon.... /0:

But, I am working on a simple pasta dish tonight and will have some photos up for you shortly....... Stay tuned (0;

........Gary