Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Final picture showing the salad of the evening to cap of this fine tuna steak dish...

Hope you all enjoyed this as much as we did eating it ! Thanks to exec chef, Colin over at Spoleto Italian restaurant down town Northampton MA, for his information on how to cook those steaks. I needed the help since I am fairly NEW to grilling fish and fresh tuna can be ruined quickly if not carefully timed...

Thats all for this session, I hope others of you will get motivated as I have here, take photos of your dishes from PREP to PLATED so that we may enjoy them too...

Until next time.

...........Gary

post-23544-13819855716988_thumb.jpg

Final picture showing the salad of the evening to cap of this fine tuna steak dish...

Hope you all enjoyed this as much as we did eating it ! Thanks to exec chef, Colin over at Spoleto Italian restaurant down town Northampton MA, for his information on how to cook those steaks. I needed the help since I am fairly NEW to grilling fish and fresh tuna can be ruined quickly if not carefully timed...

Thats all for this session, I hope others of you will get motivated as I have here, take photos of your dishes from PREP to PLATED so that we may enjoy them too...

Until next time.

...........Gary

Gary, This presentation of photo's may be the very best that you have posted for us to enjoy. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this was a spread from Food and Wine magazine.

Your outdoor arrangement is so inviting. Your deck, landscaping, and lighting compliment your outdoor kitchen and table setting.

Oh yes, the food.... I need to find a tuna steak just like that one. Also, the salad at the end of the meal, so European. (I prefer it that way)

Thanks for sharing with us Gary.

Boxx, thank YOU! You always have great things to say about ALL the efforts around here [Y] [:D] Please find yourself a nice chunk of TUNA and do it up so we can all enjoy as well........[;)]

Rest assured, there WILL be more dinner and backyard 'vistas' to come this summer [:D]

......Gary

Boxx, thank YOU! You always have great things to say about ALL the efforts around here YesBig Smile Please find yourself a nice chunk of TUNA and do it up so we can all enjoy as well........Wink

Rest assured, there WILL be more dinner and backyard 'vistas' to come this summer Big Smile

......Gary

Gary, I am very well aware that it takes some effort to take photo's while trying to prepare a meal. You do a great job. Now my quest for some tuna....

• 3 weeks later...

Good LATE 4th of July evening!

I thought I would start out with a fresh photo from a fresh wine club delivery..............here then are the wines I just took out of the case..... I have also included a brand new Italian, hand blown wine glass - one of four- I just bought.......Clever rippled bottom on the glass to help in the breathing process...[Y]

post-23544-13819856592468_thumb.jpg

Ok then, here we go with a wonderful dish put together complete by Chris.................From Whole Foods, some monster sized swordfish steaks...! These have been marinated in XVOO with fresh garlic, organic thyme, chips of bayleaf and some chopped fresh Jalapeno pepper !

post-23544-1381985659363_thumb.jpg

Here is a closeup of the dish................ Here we have the fish, AND a great potato salad made from scratch by Chris, it is based on XVOO, fresh dill, white onion, a dijon mustard and apple vinegar dressing (which he composed). Then and also from scratch, he put together the deviled eggs from his own recipe. All is topped with fresh, organic broad leaf parsley from Whole Foods where ALL what you see originated from... [;)]

post-23544-1381985659886_thumb.jpg

Finally, here is our wine selection for the evening and one that we have had a number of times and very good. Light enough as a RED to accomp. fish... This was NOT from our wine club, but a purchase from our local wine store...

There you have it............hope to see others get inspired and show their dishes so that we can enjoy them as well.... Don't forget to include your place setting as I always try to do..

Thanks for checking in........COMMENTS are welcome of course [:)]

.........Gary

post-23544-1381985659981_thumb.jpg

Ok then, here we go with a wonderful dish put together complete by Chris.................From Whole Foods, some monster sized swordfish steaks...! These have been marinated in XVOO with fresh garlic, organic thyme, chips of bayleaf and some chopped fresh Jalapeno pepper !

Another great grouping of photo's Gary. Question... How long does Chris marinate the steaks? How long would you estimate that the steaks were on the grill?

Hello Boxx..........thanks for the compliments on the photos and dish, Chris thanks you too since that was all his doing [;)] To answer your question, the marinate time (in the refridgerator) was about 3 hours. The steaks were 1" thick and the grill times were 3.5 to 4 minutes PER side...

Chris will also share the potato salad recipe if you would like... He admitted that he omitted the capers [:$] ...

Hope you can find some type of fish steaks to grill up and share via photos.

All for now...

.......G

I thought that I would share this with the group. A friend of mine sent this to me from Paris. Enjoy...

blogger-image-1697606334.jpg
Yesterday I was MIA for a very good reason. Dejeuner at Restaurant RECH requires all of ones attention. Nothing is to be missed.
blogger-image--1344733016.jpg
blogger-image--1640061992.jpg
The bistro dates back to the 20s and many art deco details are in place to make for an altogether charming, warm experience.
blogger-image-1357497297.jpg
Beautiful soft light upstairs...
blogger-image-1649857806.jpg
Our amuse-bouche of avocado and espelette pepper
blogger-image-1555919559.jpg
The perfect accompanying wines - a Meursault and a Santa Barbara Chardonnay plus a coupe de Champagne to start with. Oh la la
blogger-image-1339843110.jpg
My starter was a delicate carpaccio de merlu cru
blogger-image--1686686364.jpg
Veronique had the Springy soup of pea shoots, mango and mackerel. In fact everything was delicate and tres leger/very light.
blogger-image--997239486.jpg
And at last the Lobster Roll! Luscious Bretagne homard bleu with a stack of 'fries'/mango and a slice of Romaine drizzled with moutarde de Meux. Plus the perfect accompanying coleslaw only the French could dream up to add a contrasting bite of crunch. Nothing like the Maine/Luke's lobster rolls we know so well but who cares. This is heaven on earth.
blogger-image-1007098749.jpg
A moment of contemplation before dessert - a perfectly ripe Normandie Camembert (from fromagier Marian Canton near the Eiffel tower) served 'entame' - with a slice cut out so you can see the inner ripeness. Words fail me.
blogger-image--642529879.jpg
But wait, there is dessert! By the way service could not have been more perfect. Everything was explained in detail and we were aided in our choices. For dessert they read our minds and chose roasted apricots, in season right now in the marches, with pistachio cake and coconut ice cream.
blogger-image--1034227744.jpg
I had the house specialty, Mister Rech - a sort of layered affair of two meringues sandwiching hazelnut ice cream with Ducasses' famous 70% dark chocolate poured on top. The aromas...
blogger-image-1152186377.jpg
A tea, chocolates and minardises
blogger-image--1985914561.jpg
We floated out of there through the open cuisine...
blogger-image-1097026267.jpg
And met the very talented chef Adrien Trouilland