Fine Food and Music

Boxx

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I have been doing the Atkin's diet for a few days and got the craving for something sweet.  In the past I have made do with sugar free jello with whipped cream.  Decided to do a twist on the Atkin's cheese cake.  Melted unsweetened chocolate bars over a double boiler and added some Stevia.  Mixed the chocolate with 3 eight ounce packages of cream cheese and 6 eggs.  Threw in some cacao powder  and Acai powder.  Still cooling......

IMG_2008.JPG

if you had some coffee brewing..and I lived near by..

your door would be kick opened...

• Like 1

Hello my friends..................been a while I know...........but, again, a SIMPLE pasta sauce from the bare bones of 'Music Hall' kitchen..

Mike, I believe this is the tomato product from Italy that OT. was talking about.....   I picked these up at the market, and I remember sticking to this brand back in the late 90ies when I was in my own apartment just starting to mess around with cooking :smile:

So, what you see, is what you get..........Fresh oregano, garlic and tomatos..............simmer for a few hours.....   Here is a photo   from moments ago..

OH, and vino on side, ALWAYS when performing this activity in the kitchen....  :lol:IMG_4770_zpscejrxdcd.jpg

• Like 1

Ok OT, we are on the same page...................VINO about to go in sir :lol:

Jimbo, no, my sauces are generally themed after ONE herb only.....I find that you can get 'component clash' by bringing in too many herbs.  This is what also makes all my sauces different from each other...   Rosemary would be just that, Sage another, and of course basil by itself = perfect...

OK, more photos to load.....stand by ;)

Ok, most people do garlic by the cloves...................it is well known in THIS kitchen that I measure by the HEAD!   In this case, two heads...   I discovered this USA made device in a kitchen store that Chris and I visit with my dad in N.C. each summer (it is also where the wine glasses came from in first photo)...   Here is the process..IMG_4771_zpsmbmmniyv.jpg