New type of cable technology - TunnelBridge - Anyone listen to a set of these?

Guest " "

In answer to your question no I have not listened to the cables you referenced. Question are you interested in cables? What kind do you use now and used in the past. Just trying to et an idea of what your exposure to high end cables has been. There are a lot of folks on the forum that just don't want to even hear talk about cable designs. Best regards Moray James.

Question are you interested in cables?

I been playing around with a box that blocks DC, isolates the source and the amp, and keeps the interconnect cable pre-charged (break-in, warm up, etc). So this new concept would be interesting tp try to emulate.

I hav played with cable configurations which had multipe shields on send and return legs of the cable and I have played with back to back diodes to block DC. Both these can work but in the case of the cable the added complexity is not worth it in my opinion. Charge bias on cable is another nice trick, it works better on caps than cable and again is to me more fuss than it is worth but it does help. I think that the only way to really know if you will like the product is to give it a trial in your system. You might like it enough to purchase it or you might only like it enought to build one for yourself.

For reasonably priced interconnects the Audience AU24 is a decent sounding well balanced cable. This cable runs arounf $500.00 a metre pair. After that things get more expensive (as if that is not expensive enough). One of the better cables I have heard is the top of the line reference version of the Cord cable which is about five times more expensive than the AU24 and is only built to order. Expensive but very good. At these prices system matching is important. I make my own cable and there are not a lot out there that I have heard that I like or would recommend and the two mentioned here are both good at their price points. I have not found any cables that I really liked below these prices and so I just decided to make my own.Cryo treating your cables helps a lot as far as I am concerned. These are my opinions and one of them plus a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. I don't wan't to get into one of those cable debates that never end so folks reading are free to disagree with any or all of what I have said. Best regards Moray James.

.... I don't wan't to get into one of those cable debates that never end so folks reading are free to disagree with any or all of what I have said.

ROFLMAOL!!!!! A crafty ploy!!!! Chumming the waters!!!! This should be good!! If..... anyone takes the challenge!!!

Besides we have not had a good (as in vicious, name-calling, demeaning....)

debate with charts, graphs, specs, sources for liquid nitrogen, and "opinions"

from the certainly august, if not gilded, marvelous, heroic, revered,

elevated, wondrous, imposing, rarified, noble-minded, grand, marvellous, distinguished,

exalted, opulent, venerable,

princely, and sublimely rarified membership "spectrum" for at least a couple months!!!

[Y]

sources for liquid nitrogen,

it would be great if all the components used end to end from recording to playback were super conductors, then you would need the nitrogen to cryo your cables.

I know that the cryo debate rages on but I can say after having many decades of exposure to this process it does provide some wonderful benefits. It (cryo treatment) is just one more tool which can help get you closer to superb sound. I am a firm believer that it matters more what you do than what you have to do it with. Having nitrogen is great for making the best ice cream in the world in minutes. This is also the best way to impress your kids friends. Best regards Moray James.

From reading their website I have learned that:

The TunnelBridge "moves the distortion to a location in the cable where it is known to have no influence on the signal"

Takes care of "undesirable microvibrations"

"The art of high end interconnect design is an intriguing and complicated affair"

"100% optical coverage" of the shield.

Deals with "huge resonance" and "memory effect"

"Compensating the center conductor's magnetic field"

Is constructed with a clear foamed PVC dielectric with a PET outer cover.

There is a lot more BS in their writeup but I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. This is a prime example of pseudo-science on steroids and false advertising at it's worst. For example, a cable constructed of a foamed dielectric around a center conductor with a surrounding shield designed to reduce inductance by magnetic field minimization from the center conductor describes a really esoteric item, RG-59U coaxial cable which has been around for 60 or 70 years. The writing style appears to target people with fine arts degrees who know nothing about science, but think they do. Who was it that said, "A fool and his money are soon parted?"

...For example, a cable constructed of a foamed dielectric around a center conductor with a surrounding shield designed to reduce inductance by magnetic field minimization from the center conductor describes a really esoteric item, RG-59U coaxial cable which has been around for 60 or 70 years...

Get outa here, that is the exact same cable I am using (self made) and they were suggested to me from a guy I know who installs studios (one of them was Peppermint Park here in Hannover from Mousse T). Never knew I was an esotericy kinda guy, I will start describing my cabels like this it sounds better.

I will admit those do look better though!!

I'm waiting for the breakthrough in cabling using the "spooky behavior" of photons as described in Quantum Mechanics. This will get rid of anything you don't want. The cost right now would be into the billions but what the hell let's do it.

JJK

I'm waiting for the breakthrough in cabling using the "spooky behavior" of photons as described in Quantum Mechanics. This will get rid of anything you don't want. The cost right now would be into the billions but what the hell let's do it.

JJK

Gotta love it, JJ! Quantum interconnects would allow you to have heard the music before actually play it...[H]

However, the folks in the dimension next door might get real unhappy with us dumping our distortions and such over there...HEY! That's what they've been doing to us for YEARS! [:@]

Dave

spooky behavior would mean the perfect stereo separation control for each "source" left and right!

or it could just go terribly wrong and everything would head to the other dimension..... half the time.... LOL!!

Fer shure. Let's all play some classic Myron Florin at the same time and see if we can start an interdimensional war...

Dave