I may be getting too old... nah, drove it no sweat; see the goodies

USNRET

I drop the boy off @ 0730 tomorrow for his first scout campout without Dad (just crossed over from 5 years of Cub Scouts into the Boy Scouts last week).

Then I drive 10 - 12 hours round trip to haul back a Mc tuner, preamp, amp and a pair of signature Heresy. Wife and daughter says heck no, we are not making that road trip (blessing or ?).

Back in the day this would be a 2-3 day trip with Motel 6 stay and a "shoe show" involved. Not so much now. Shoe show, in case you are not familiar, is a place where they have expensive beer and the entertainment must be poor because they only have shoes to wear, nothing else.

I drop the boy off @ 0730 tomorrow for his first scout campout without Dad (just crossed over from 5 years of Cub Scouts into the Boy Scouts last week).

Then I drive 10 - 12 hours round trip to haul back a Mc tuner, preamp, amp and a pair of signature Heresy. Wife and daughter says heck no, we are not making that road trip (blessing or ?).

Back in the day this would be a 2-3 day trip with Motel 6 stay and a "shoe show" involved. Not so much now. Shoe show, in case you are not familiar, is a place where they have expensive beer and the entertainment must be poor because they only have shoes to wear, nothing else.

I think I may have been to one or two "shoe shoes" (or seveal or many) years ago.... lol..

reminds me of my days in the south when I was in the ARMY. The girls could only dance nude on the stage, so in order for them to table dance nude, they carried around some mini 6" high stools with the word stage painted on the seat.....as long as they kept one foot on the stage, they were good to go.

• Moderators

I don't know the wife but either way I would vote blessing.

And there has got to be a shoe show somewhere along that road, or close enough, your not that old that a good show would do you good. [;)]

One time I did that and I brought my wife, she seemed to like the shoe show also, went back a couple times together, can't complain, and I am guaranteed to stay out of trouble that way. [A]

Well, no shoe show but a LOT of traffic on the 11.5 hr trip. Brought home a pair of WO HII signatures (cane grills w/ signatures & spare black grills w/lasers). A trio of McIntosh MC2505, C-26 and MR-77 with perfect cosmetics followed me home, not one single tiny bubble or rust anywhere. Oh, I couldn't wait and had to hear them as well.......NICE and the tuner actually locks in stations out here and that is not an easy task. Thanks Blister!

This is gonna be hard, the boss says I can only keep one 2 channel and the other has to go. I absolutely love the classic Mc look and missed my last ones when I sold them. On the other hand the VRD monos / Peach / Tercel are hard to come by and sound wonderful.

Ears getting older day by day and the replacement tube market is the tube market......

I need to give Terry a call to see what a complete refresh will be costing in time and cash. If the tube stuff was to be the odd man out I would want to know that the Mc kit is set for as long as my ears last and then my son can have them.

Yes, while SHE approved this purchase, it was with the understanding that I would not get to keep both rigs and I had the itch to hear Mc again.

• Moderators

Cane grills , McIntosh, VRD, Peach, Tercell [Y] [Y] [Y] Glad I'm am not in your shoes tough decisions, wait NO I wish I had that problem, can't make up my mind [:S]

First class either way [H]

• Moderators

the mac stack, can't quit looking at it, better than a shoe show!

That's funny because it took me a few minutes to get past that page also.

Ok I made up my mind, I want to have your problem of deciding. [Y]