Need a new receiver

roaddog359

• Moderators

Why retire it? It's got a lot of great info =^)

By retire, I don't mean delete it. I'm just saying a thread like this is difficult for someone to find information since it's not narrow in it's discussion. Hope that makes sense.

Perhaps it is driving their costs up. I have no clue what a company has to spend to get it included in each of their products, but I imagine it does have the potential to increase prices. And no matter how good the automatic room correction gets, it's only ever going to be a band-aid for a bigger problem that would be better solved through the use of bass absorbency and other room treatments.

In all honesty, I would rather pay for higher quality components (especially when it comes to the DAC and DSP) and just use an SPL meter as well as the aforementioned room treatments. I think it would give bigger bang for the buck as well as correcting the actual problem.

• Moderators

Ha, I do agree that this thread has definitely derailed from it's original intentions. All the more reason to keep it going imo =^P

[Y]

Some of the funniest threads were from derailed post.