Heritage Home Theatre System

neo33

Honest opinion? The subs, while said to be bestup front, may be a bit close to the Klipschorns which like to have nothing next to the. The Heresy back surrounds are a little close to the seating area. I presume that is limited by room size? If not move them back a few more feet.

Othet than that? I can say with some experience: great!

dsc_0703cr.jpg

Not the exact setup, but I'm close and I love it.

LS up front.

Chorus II as my surrounds.

2x Palladiums as my subs (up front)

Where I drastically differ is a lack of center right now. I tried a Heresy and didn't care for it. A third LS will go there someday.

As for the rears, I enjoy music and tv much more so I had no need.

I've learned there is more to be said for the arrangement of the speakers than the quantity. I'd focus on tuning in over buying more. It's the imaging of the LS that will prevent me from ever downgrading. So as mentioned, the subs upfront may not play nicely with the Khorns. Not that I've ever had them.

Best of luck and be sure to share photos.

First sub I had was a Hsu STF-3 and Dr Hsu recommended that I place it behind the couch. It had quite the impact! I'd try it if I were you. That would free up the Klipschorn space.

Also, consider moving the racks to a side wall, thus removing lights and distractions from the movie experience. My rack is on the back wall.

You're sitting too close to the Khorns!...

The sweet spot is at the right spot, but it would be nice to know room dimensions.

Actually, looking at the disgram closely, it looks like the crosshairs of the KHorns aim at the front edge of the couch. Moving your couch forward such that the back of it (where your ears are) is in the crosshairs would give you a bit more distance to the rear speakers and would fix that concern.

So... you are sitting too far from the KHorns! [;)]

The illustration is not drawn to scale. I do not have a dedicated room so I am using an open area with two corners designated for home theatre 20' X 18' in size. The Klipschorns are placed 15' apart. Each of the two subwoofers is placed 3' from the Klipschorn and 2' from the La Scala. The two racks are placed next to the La Scala on the right and left. The sofa is 7' wide by 3' deep at the viewing position. From the viewing position to the La Scala is 10'. The back surround Heresies are placed 3 feet from the viewing position and 3 feet apart. The surround Cornwalls are placed directly 5' to the left and right of the viewing position. I may get two more Epik Empires and place them in the back at the same position as the front.

I found a Panasonic 70" Plasma but I could not find a price nor much info on it. IMO, Panasonic made the best Plasma TV. When Pioneer got out of the Plasma TV business, most of their engineers went to Panasonic.

Not a Samsung 65 but a 64.

Originally, I had the La Scala for fronts. After I replaced them with the Klipschorns, there is no going back. I have listened to RF-7s, KG-3.2s and 4.5s, Fortes, Belles, La Scalas, Cornwalls and Heresies. None can image like the Klipschorns.

It's the imaging of the LS that will prevent me from ever downgrading.