SOMEBOBY JUMP ON THESE BEFORE HE FIGURES OUT WHAT HE HAS!!

• Moderators

Looks like the post was removed by a flagger. Could have been a scam, or just that someone didn't want others to know about it...

Excatly, that's what I was thinking about when I read this, kind of sounds like a setup, I REALLY don't need anymore speakers anyway.

This was the CL ad......

"I have a pair of awesome klipsch tower speakers that I need to sell. I recently moved out of state and they are in my storage unit. I will be back in town on Sunday July, 29th to clean out said storage unit. I'm flying in and out, so can't take them with me. They have spiked feet and are heavy ( of course they are, they are klipsch's ) Anyway, I will be in town Sunday only and the FIRST $100 gets them. You can contact me by text message at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you are interested. I will let you know where the unit is and what time I will be there. "

my associate will meet you in the park tomorrow at 12:00. Pay him the money....he will take you to the speakers. Bring extra cigarettes and do not pee in the bushes in front of him.

post-22082-13819739414254_thumb.jpg

post-22082-13819770077714_thumb.jpg

post-22082-13819797196808_thumb.jpg

The whole creepy thing reminds me of a transaction that I did years ago. I was selling a rare set of speakers and kept getting spam emais from someone in Asia. I ignored them and then one email made it to my inbox and it said "Why do you keep ignoring me, I want to buy your speakers and I am willing to pay full price."

I spoke to the guy and he was a real person, although not that fluent in English. He wanted me to ship the speakers to his agent in San Francisco where they were loading up a crate to ship to Taiwan.

Hmmmmmm.

Is this guy a prince from Nigeria? Dunno.

I am not really interested, what, he will send cash ahead of time? Hmmmmm. He will arrange for a shipper to gcome pick them up, I just need to pack them. Hmmmmmm.

He really knew his speakers too. Bad english, but definately an Asian guy.

I look into this with my bank. I ask the teller, "If I receive a wire, is there any risk that it can be fake or reversed? How long do we need to wait until we know it is real."

This girl was brilliant. She looks up a few things on her computer and then says, "There is nothing to worry about. Go ahead with the transaction as sooon as the wire is sent."

Hmmmm. Why do you feel so sure about this.

Her reply, "Well if the wire is bad, we can just seize the funds from your account, so it is safe."

I must look like a really nice guy, me being so concerned about the bank and all.

Anyway, I did get it straightened out and I spoke to the Guy's agent, who did exist. He sent cash ahead of time and it cleared, and arranged for a prepaid freighter to come to my house with a lift gate.

Everything went very smoothly and the speakers, which were shipped ot me from Maui a few years prior, made it to Taiwan.

Generally, I never deal with suspicious people. But sometimes these things do work out.

The whole creepy thing reminds me of a transaction that I did years ago. I was selling a rare set of speakers and kept getting spam emais from someone in Asia. I ignored them and then one email made it to my inbox and it said "Why do you keep ignoring me, I want to buy your speakers and I am willing to pay full price."

I spoke to the guy and he was a real person, although not that fluent in English. He wanted me to ship the speakers to his agent in San Francisco where they were loading up a crate to ship to Taiwan.

Hmmmmmm.

Is this guy a prince from Nigeria? Dunno.

I am not really interested, what, he will send cash ahead of time? Hmmmmm. He will arrange for a shipper to gcome pick them up, I just need to pack them. Hmmmmmm.

He really knew his speakers too. Bad english, but definately an Asian guy.

I look into this with my bank. I ask the teller, "If I receive a wire, is there any risk that it can be fake or reversed? How long do we need to wait until we know it is real."

This girl was brilliant. She looks up a few things on her computer and then says, "There is nothing to worry about. Go ahead with the transaction as sooon as the wire is sent."

Hmmmm. Why do you feel so sure about this.

Her reply, "Well if the wire is bad, we can just seize the funds from your account, so it is safe."

I must look like a really nice guy, me being so concerned about the bank and all.

Anyway, I did get it straightened out and I spoke to the Guy's agent, who did exist. He sent cash ahead of time and it cleared, and arranged for a prepaid freighter to come to my house with a lift gate.

Everything went very smoothly and the speakers, which were shipped ot me from Maui a few years prior, made it to Taiwan.

Generally, I never deal with suspicious people. But sometimes these things do work out.

Same exact thing happened to me. About 8 years ago I ebay'd my Marantz 7C. I advertised that I would not ship overseas but still, all my big bidders were in Asia and it ended up selling to a guy in Taiwan for about $3500. He immediately paypal'd me and had me ship to his buddy in Milwaukee. Couldn't have worked out more smoothly. Once Milwaukee put it on a plane to Taiwan, Taiwan had no recourse other than negative feedback.