Hyabusa Anyone?

shake777

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in New Mexico with my R1 and the only gal I could get to ride with me was my room mate's GF....for a grocery run across town of all things.[8-)]

A few years later in Wisconsin with the Ninja 250R and I had requests for drives along the lake front almost every weekend. Go figure....and the 250 is not a fun bike to ride two-up IMHO. [:S]

post-42237-13819800042696_thumb.jpg

Nice piicture...like,you are ready to go after a quick beverage.

Indeed. The full back pack I'm wearing is out of view, but I had enough gear with me in case I ran into trouble out in the sticks. Water, tools, food, extra clothes...

Below is Chiang Rai, Thailand on a CB1000. This is one of my good friends there. She had never ridden on a liter-bike and offered to be my tour guide that day.

Wherever we stopped, the motorcycle itself drew a crowd and was an instant topic of discussion for the locals. Scooters are numerous there, but many had never seen anything on two-wheels larger than a 250.

post-42237-1381980004512_thumb.jpg

All, Hard to believe I'll be starting my second day with a Busa today. It's metallic white with gold and silver accents. Ararakapovic headers and mighty insanely fast. Its a 2011 with about 2345mi but who's counting. My buddy who's been riding for over thirty years fell quickly in love with it and he has a Triumph Triple that is so beautiful, I won't show it on the same post as my Hyabusa. He's been taking me out and teaching me how to ride with plenty of fun and saftety first. You would be surprised at how well it handles in the twisties and it walks away from most anything once it comes out of the turn with this slow pokey turn man at the helm. This is incredibly fun and thanks to all who encouraged me to get it and stay safe. The safe part is the most important. Wheels down guys. Thanks, Shakabusa

post-32935-13819800345886_thumb.jpg

All, Hard to believe I'll be starting my second day with a Busa today. It's metallic white with gold and silver accents. Ararakapovic headers and mighty insanely fast. Its a 2011 with about 2345mi but who's counting. My buddy who's been riding for over thirty years fell quickly in love with it and he has a Triumph Triple that is so beautiful, I won't show it on the same post as my Hyabusa. He's been taking me out and teaching me how to ride with plenty of fun and saftety first. You would be surprised at how well it handles in the twisties and it walks away from most anything once it comes out of the turn with this slow pokey turn man at the helm. This is incredibly fun and thanks to all who encouraged me to get it and stay safe. The safe part is the most important. Wheels down guys. Thanks, Shakabusa

That is one nice looking bike (the Hyabusa). Practically new and low miles. Enjoy.

On a slightly related topic - Motorcycle maintenance. I was having trouble with my forks on my dirtbike (WR450F). They would not compress very much. After a little research and pulling the forks, the previous owner had one 4 cm from the top and the other full. Factory spec is 80 to 150 mm. The guy had no clue what he was doing but at least they do not leak. He also had an aftermarket exhaust touching the rear shock body, took about 15 minutes to fix. He had a really nice (and clean) shop but maybe too many Budweisers.

During this repair, I finally decided to buy a 3/8 torque wrench that can handle low torque specs. It seems that everything is made of aluminum nowadays so it is time.

What happened to Craftsman? I checked Sears and for $50 they had a nice looking 3/8 drive. Then I read the reviews. It did not seem any better than going to the auto parts store. Chinese junk. Most of my Craftsman tools are 25 years old and still going strong. This is really disappointing. I was going to buy a beam type because they do not go out of spec but even finding a decent one of those is difficult. I wound up getting a CDI ratcheting torque wrench. Had never heard of them but apparently they supplied Snap On for many years before being bought by Snap On.

Where are you guys getting tools nowadays? Craftsman is good for regular mechanical stuff (wrenches, etc) but they are not what they used to be.

Thank you tKHorns, I'm truly out of my league with this one. I do precious little on my machines. If the tool didn't come with it I'm not doing it. It has to do with my get er done attitude. I have seen many fine mechanics with fine tools doing their thing. Those are the guys I pay to do my work because in the long run it works out cheaper to have them do once rather than me do it five times and have parts left over that I don't know where they came from! I have some friends who I can ask and report back with a reliable answer. Shake

Where are you guys getting tools nowadays?

I own some Craftsman ratchet extensions, ratchet drive adapters, and breaker bars. Armstrong or S•K for any other sockets or mechanic's wrenches.

As far as torque wrenches, Precision Instruments (PI) and Armstrong get my vote. Of course, you can get real spendy with stuff like Tohnichi, Belknap, and others.

I personally own PI, but I've used Armstrong in the past for a living. Either brand is exceptionally durable and repeatable.

- my $.02

Shake, That's a beautiful ride you've got there. I'll second the comment about this one over the grey job with the extended swingarm. The 2011 machine is a work of art. [Y]

CDI is good. +1 on PI. I finally have all Precision Instruments split beam flex head torque wrenches. 3/8" thru 1". I really like the split beam style the best. And they made/make them for Snap On too. On ratchets I prefer Cornwalls full polish ones which I have picked up over the years at fleamarkets.

TigerwoodKhorns: I had the YZ400F myself. That was a fast dirtbike I tell ya! You'll enjoy that bike so much more now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-Instruments-C2FR100F-3-8-Dr-split-Beam-Torque-Wrench-W-flex-Head-/390460156340?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae93d29b4

Shake, what gas are going to use in that bike. I wonder if the owners manual says "premium only"

Hello there everyone!, and congrats Shake! Welcome to the Suzuki family !!!

I am a newbie at riding only for 4 years now, and on my SECOND brand new Suzki Boulevard... Started with the 'too small for me' S50 805cc cruiser, then went on to a bike that is NO LONGER being made.........The M-90.........this bike falls into the 'Muscle' class much like the Victory Hammer and the Harley V-Rod... It also borrows many cues from your 'Busa' ! Has the same shifter and transmission components as the Busa as well..

I don't believe in bags, windshields either, as this is a high performance V-Twin............. Yeah, they make accessories for this bike if you want them, but, to me, it is like buying a high performance muscle car, putting white walled tires, mud flaps, and a trailer hitch on her !!!

Here is a photo of my ENGINE SPECIFIC muscle bike, made for the USA market in 2009 ONLY ...

............Gary

post-23544-13819800763804_thumb.jpg

The Boulevard is a good-looking, good-riding bike, but many of them have had transmission problems, especially with second gear, and Suzuki's response to the complaints has not been very helpful.

You might want to do some research about this. A friend of mine in New York State bought a Boulevard several years ago, and was very happy with it until the problems started. He's glad he doesn't have it anymore.

Hey there Islander............Which Boulevard did your friend have? C-50 - C-90 - C-109 ? Or, did he have the M series such as mine??

Unless it IS, then I have never heard about transmission problems. I have over 5000 miles on this one now, and that has never been an issue. I had the recent recall of an electronic module that would over heat causing the engine to stop running, but that is the ONLY snafu I know of, and I had my dealer take care of it via NEW replacement...

As mentioned, this bike is a one of a kind model for Suzuki. It has NOTHING to do with ANY other Boulevard except for the M-109-R which is STILL being made since its introduction in 2006...

Some think it is the same as the 'C' series such as the C-90 which is the 'cruiser' line. Engines are the same size (90 Cubic Inches), but they are TOTALLY different engines AND bikes all together. One look is all it takes to know they have nothing in common...

There are more cues and components from the Hyabusa on the 'M' series bikes. The low profile 200 mm. rear tire alone, makes a high performance statement [:)]

Ok, I could go on and on...

Enjoy what ever you ride [Y]

..............Gary

My friend's bike was the M-109, IIRC.

There were transmission problems, and the warranty was by a third party, not Suzuki. He got the impression that Suzuki just washed their hands of that model and its problems and didn't want to hear about it.

I hope you have no problems with your ride, but when I was riding, 5000 miles was less than half a season.

His might have been a 2006 or 2007 model, I don't recall. Maybe the issue was addressed and corrected in later model years.