Hyabusa Anyone?

shake777

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had bikes since I was 12 and as soon as I could ride on the street alternated between sport bikes and Harleys. Then it was both up until earlier this year when I traded the Road King and ZRX 1200 for a nicer Harley.........Screaming Eagle ElectraGlide. Now I just cruise around and try to stay alive. Plenty of fun still.

Enjoy the Busa. I did plenty of that. It's awesome, no doubt.

Let me know when you want to do "Tail of the Dragon".

Mark, so now I know what the tail of the dragon is since you brought it to my attention. My priorities in this order are: 1. Pull the wool owe the wife's eyes...at least ong enough to get the money out of the bank for something we "clearly don't need"...she is highly intelligent, watches the accounts like a hawk, and will do bodily harm if she thinks it necessary (I could take the safe route and explain that it is something I really want and she will fold...but this will take weeks and for some reason will leave me feeling more guilty than the wool over method for some reason...guess I'm just a natural born fibber), 2. Try to get back and forth to work for a year or so with my life and license intact. 3. If wife,bike, or law haven't got me, consider the tail. Thanks, Shake. PS. I bet all the real men are just shaking their heads thinking "clown, just tell her and get the blasted thing!". Honestly, I probably won't get one this year unless I can find a screaming deal in the winter.

My only comments are that when it comes to motorcycles, don't even consider a new one. You can easily find one that someone did all the nice upgrades that you would ever want and took good care of it.............and is forced to get rid of it cheap. Wait for the opportunity or go find it now. You will be able to.

You can't go wrong buying used.

Don't lie to the wife either. Honestly is the best policy.

I can only add that until you've tried a fixed fairing Harley Davidson (AKA: Road Glide) you haven't ridden the best ride that HD has to offer IMHO. Completely different experience than the others. Below is the Screaming Eagle version (not mine) At 58yrs old I suggest you give it a test ride.

Road Glide

Thanks! I am enjoying it a lot.

Hey that's a sharp ride you have there as well!. Is it a 2005? I like the Reinharts. They performed well on my Road King.

Right now I have mine configured as a Street Glide with tour pack and engine guards on my work bench for the hot summer.

My buddy owns the dealership and hence my buying and trading lately. He had a 2010 Road Glide CVO. He said the same things you said about it being the best he ever rode from Harley. He tried to sell it to me but a little too rich for my blood. Still, I know it the Road Glides must be a great ride.

Well back to the Hyabusa discussion. If he got a Harley instead his wife would enjoy it more probably..............and he'd look cooler. But I went through the rocket stage and that's a blast as well. Nothing wrong with that as long as you come out alive.

I see owning motorcycles as a personal journey if you will. Each journey is specific that each individual of course. I'm at the end of my motorcycle journey. This is the last one for me. When I sell it I'm done, kapish! I guess a Hyabusa can be the decided last ride too but seems to me a Harley is much more suited for that duty. The OP may have many more to own before he is done.

I would suggest riding a bunch of bikes. Dealerships across this great land will let you test ride different machines. This is especially true at rallies like Sturgis.

Another motorcycle that is developing a good following is Victory. They make some nice machines. After market accessories nothing like whats available for HD but still they are nice motorcycles.

I always wanted that Yamaha Vmax bike. Now that is still a cool looking machine. Not Hyabusa class speed but strong red light to red light.

How bout a couple of '13s to get your taste buds going?

297319_3470391290325_589574063_n.jpg

All, here's the bike that I can get for cheap and I love the way it looks. It runs very strong but has not been well maintained. I'm probably going to go for it anyway since I could sell it as a parts bike for the four thousand I'll pay for it. I'm still floored by all the bikers among us. Thanks, Shake

post-32935-13819799439026_thumb.jpg

Mark, so now I know what the tail of the dragon is since you brought it to my attention

Guess he missed your question.

It ends up near my neck of the woods. I go to Vonore on the weekends to get Diesel or something...and see a plethora of bikes or cars. One day, I saw a Ferrari pull into the gas station. Trust me that you do not see many Ferrari's in Vonore, TN.

Then another...and another... then a Porsche, a Lambo... The "dudes" got out in their matching leather "club jackets" and I realized it was some kind of car club that had driven in from (??) and were most likely out to drive the Dragon.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

If you can get it for cheap, and are able to get your money out of it in parts after riding it for awhile. Go for it. It seems like a very strange choice though. Never been a fan of the extended rear wheel mod. Takes some of the sport out if it. Not nearly as much fun in the twisty's. But I'm sure it will put a big a$$ smile on your face.

Those long swingarms are usually only installed on drag bikes. If it wasn't installed for posing value alone, I'd be very curious about the state of the clutch and the transmission, at the very least.

Also, does he still have the original swingarm?

Hi Islander, He is a posing street, not so much racer, as he just enjoys the thrill of accelleration, so you can be sure it has been ridden hard. He has most of the stock items, but that's the main appeal to me, the look of the chrome arm against the silver/gray. I did have it checked so I think, even if I put a clutch in it , I'm not going to loose much at four thousand dollars. You see a lot of these priced cheap on the Internet but 99% scams. It's a risk, no doubt. Thanks, Shake

• 2 weeks later...

Rental no less. That's as far as I could get so far. I still want the silver Busa with the drag link and full header exhaust. But for now at least I'm moving forward. The FZ8 will pull itself and a rider to about an 11:31 1/4 @ 131. I forgot what the Busa does but the FZ would pretty much be going backwards by comparison. Be that as it may I get to take the day off, give a couple of young attractive ladies a thrill guaranteed to make them hang on for dear life (which I will be sure to see that they do) all under the watchful eye of my lovely wife. What could be a better way to kick off the weekend? One of the reasons I gave my wife was it would break me of the obsession. Well it might? Anyway members you've been great with all your advice, great pictures and amusing side notes . Cheers, Shake