Help identifying an old pair of Klipsch - CD-15?

stoutr

Newbie. Hello.

I stumbled upon some sweet speakers, but am having problems discovering what they are. This K-33-E has the serial number 1502. I can't find much on the crossovers either. There is a K-77 and K-55 in the enclosure also. I figured this would be the place to go.

Thank you in advance

post-57449-13819741327242_thumb.jpg

post-57449-13819771964766_thumb.jpg

post-57449-13819799213262_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like a Cornwall Decorator (Unfinished)

JJK

Thank you.

Here is a shot of the fronts. So these were introduced in 1959? This pair must be one of the first off the assembly line. Any help is appreciated.

The tags show inspected 1 dec 1960. serial number 137 would mean the 137 unit made.

In the case of your K-33-E Woofer, the E stands for Electro Voice and the woofer is actually a EV 15 W (Possibly WK) Bow Tie 15" Woofer, that has been relabeled with the Klipsch V Logo.. Small worlds as I have serial numbers 120 and 121 of this same speaker. Yours should have a slot port all the way down the middle of the back. There also should be a red arrow on the back as they should be what is called Verticle Cornwalls which means they can also be laid on their sides. The Mid Horn should be verticle.

Would you mind showing some more pictures of the whole back and the inside? I'm curious how it differs from my 67's.

Very cool! and thanks for sharing!

Here are the insides. They look like they haven't been opened in 50 years. They have feet on the bottoms (vertical orientation), but no arrows. K-55s also say K-1000 on the actual horn.

post-57449-13819799337006_thumb.jpg

The woofer hole is also cut smaller on the front motorboard to load the speaker some since it is vented in the back. Nice early pair from around '61, they should also have acrylic Klipsch badges on the front bottom center of the speaker. The coils on those networks are hand wound and the tweeter is a 16ohm screw terminal EV/K-77 with a chrome throat. Nice pair of classics.

Please do not part those out, they are many a forum member that would purchase them intact.