Sherbourn made by Emotiva ?

dtel

• Moderators

It sure looks like it, it has the same address and is also a HT installer. Or does part of Emotiva run the Ht install business and use Sherbourn ? Is Sherbourn made by Emotive and made to look different, at a higher price ?

I don't know, not that it really matters, I was just looking to see where Franklin Tenn is and looked at the satellite pic and noticed a couple other businesses at the same address, two buildings side by side ?

http://sherbourn.com/index.php/home-theater-products/preprotuners

Yes, Jade Designs also builds several other well known higher end brands for other companies as well. Some people are happy to spend more money. It's been proven in market research that most people feel better about spending more money even when they aren't getting a better deal.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/processors/sherbourn-pt-7020a-processor-first-look

backplates are nearly identical with exception to a few things like xlr which make the unit 4-5x more expensive

ht installers use sherbourn as theres an increased price and novelities for customers willing to empty the wallet, both companies are run by the same parent company

One has to wonder how closely related some of these different models are. If Denon and McIntosh, which are owned by the same company, combined into one, would they lose money because the lower end Denons could possible give the higher end McIntosh models a bad name?

if I'm correct I think denon or their parent company (if they have one) owns marantz and they intend to keep marantz as the higher tier product

if anything they stand to gain more because production costs probably go down and they can get some higher margins on the top tier, seems to work out rather well for these companies since plenty tend to do it, there was some company that even put a oppo 83 chasis guts included into their own bluray player and rebadged it for a couple grand, cant recall which company that was but someone can chime in about it

there was some company that even put a oppo 83 chasis guts included into their own bluray player and rebadged it for a couple grand, cant recall which company that was but someone can chime in about it

Lexicon is the company and they were ran through the ringer for it. It took them a while to dig out of that hole.

Bill

• Moderators

Thanks, sorry I didn't reply, we were busy without internet or electricity since I posted.

I would love to go to emo-fest but I think I would rather use that $ for the DAC that's on sale for 199, which is a steal.

Thinking about it at least. [:$]

Thanks, sorry I didn't reply, we were busy without internet or electricity since I posted.

I would love to go to emo-fest but I think I would rather use that $ for the DAC that's on sale for 199, which is a steal.

Thinking about it at least. Embarrassed

If you plan to use it with USB you may want to reconsider. The USB input is adaptive not asynchronous. It also only does 16/44 from USB. The other issue is the loss of resolution when using the digital volume control. If your uses don't include the need for usb then it looks like a very well built unit for the price.

• Moderators

I noticed that, wasn't going to use usb, it would have to be Optical from the BR player which gives me BR disc CD's plus internet radio and also optical from the satellite box.

I think it will do what I want and for $199 nothing else comes close. Right now I use the pre-outs from the Yamaha HTR as a pre-amp for 2 Ch, I think the DAC would be a big improvement. And we use 2 Ch more than anything. we only do multichannel music or movies maby once or twice a month.

EDIT

I couldn't remember what you were using so I looked at your profile, GREAT looking list of equipment and speakers, very nice choices. [Y][H]