Rush is nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame...Finally!!

Rick

Probably only because of the years of backlash from fans for snubbing them.

None of them "fit the mold" of legendary rockers but somehow three Canuck "geniouses" put together such a cohesive and complex sound that many just didn't get it until now.

And this year for the first time, the public gets to vote. I know I certainly will be voting for them...

They can count on my vote.

My buddy has been quoted many times as saying, "Rush, there is no ther band."

Bill

• Moderators

Their fan base has really been pushing for them to make it in I kind of go up and down on the Hall. Some years the inductees all make sense, and other years I just don't get it at all. At times I have felt they should rename it the Rock and Roll/R&B/Jazz/Blues/Etc./Anything Else Not Previously Mentioned Hall of Fame.

Deep Purple and Butterfield Blues Band are both nominated and they should both get in ahead of Rush, but they have certainly been snubbed as compared to other artists how have already made it in.

IHMO

Travis

Hush! Have never kept up with the Hall except sometimes seeing the annual inductees in the news. The absence of Deep Purple is indeed surprising.

Sad indeed, especially with the passing of Jon Lord back in July, 2012

Chicago has also never been inducted, it surley can't go by hits because they had many.

I did not realize that they were not members. The early guitar work of Terry Kath alone, should be enough for them to be considered.

Chicago has also never been inducted, it surley can't go by hits because they had many.

I did not realize that they were not members. The early guitar work of Terry Kath alone, should be enough for them to be considered

For sure....Who is in? Sha Na Na ? The Big Bopper??

Indeed, it's puzzling how many truly great artists are not in the HOF, while watching some of the ones who've been inducted in recent years... I've heard it referred to as "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Shame" quite often on various forums, and perhaps that is a more accurate name for it... [*-)]

When I look through the past lists I wonder what/who voted??

ABBA and The Beastie Boys are in but not Deep Purple and Rush

A lot of the "inductees" don't have squat to do with rock n roll

I mean Bill Monroe was a great bluegrass/country musician but.....