Here is what happens for the troops in theater, and what COULD happen

HDBRbuilder

Notice the attached picture of the Camp Buehring, Kuwait stage. this pic is from December 2009, but the stage was built in 2005-2006. Camp Buehring has thousands of troops going through it using the nearby ranges for weapons qualification and familiarization and for personnel acclimation to the climate in the region. USO shows are regularly held on this stage, which has a couple of BOSE pro speakers on the stage for movies shown on the screen and for general usage...pretty anemic set-up, tho...but it was all the budget would allow for (yes,,,they had to BUY them from BOSE!!) This is a pretty ridiculous deal, since the budget for this stage was almost non-existant and the whole thing had to be designed by the camp Army engineer section while the construction was done by volunteers from all over the camp, ram-rodded by the Multi-National Forces element Command Sergeant Major!! USO touring bands are normally very limited in the systems they can carry from place to place for their shows, and they seldom have a stage system that is able to project well out into the audience, which is most often well over a thousand people. I see this stage and imagine a permanent installation of Klipsch Pro-Audio, with the Brand name KLIPSCH prominantly displayed...maybe even a banner hanging that says: "Klipsch..a USO partner for our military personnel"...or something like that.

post-9310-13819823149674_thumb.jpg

The Zac Brown Band, nominated for a CMA award a couple of years back, could not attend the awards show because they were performing for the troops at Camp Buehring on a tour of military bases/camps at the time. Lots of USO-sponsored shows get put on for the troops at Camp Buehring and other military camps like it. I don't see any Klipsch Pro-Audio in this picture tho...do you? How can the troops know what it sounds like if they never hear it?

post-9310-13819823156704_thumb.jpg

Joan Jett and Kelly Pickler did a USO tour together, and here is Joan Jett rockin the troops at Camp Buehring to her hit "Cherry Bomb"...I kinda wonder how much better this performance would have sounded thru a Klipsch Pro-Audio system? The troops will never know, will they?

post-9310-13819823156974_thumb.jpg

Kelly Pickler had the troops on their feet cheering for over an hour at Camp Buehring, Kuwait when she was there with Joan Jett on a USO gig. I wonder how much louder the troops' cheering would have been if they had heard her sing thru a Klipsch Pro Audio system? We'll never know! And worst of all, if you asked any of the troops the next day if they ever heard of Klipsch, almost all of them would give you a "What is Klipsch?" answer!

post-9310-13819823157334_thumb.jpg

When Five Finger Death Punch rocked the troops at Camp Buehring, they had to drop huge bucks to RENT an anemic sounding stack of some kinda speakers from a supplier in Kuwait City...I wonder what their performance would have sounded like thru a permanent installation of Klipsch Pro Audio speakers? I guess the troops and I will never know!

post-9310-13819823159194_thumb.jpg

...I wonder what their performance would have sounded like thru a permanent installation of Klipsch Pro Audio speakers? I guess the troops and I will never know!

I didn't know that you worked for Klipsch marketing! [Y]

Chris

Chris...it does kinda look like a powerpoint presentation to Marketing V.P. for a marketing idea...doesn't it? Hey...I'm about to be semi-retired...and could use some income supplement...good relatively inexpensive help with good IDEAS is hard to find! Especially if those ideas actually WORK! (and they WILL!)[;)]

So, how would this look on a banner hanging on that stage??

post-9310-13819823160864_thumb.jpg

this IS a great idea, and i hope Klipsch takes notice. A small investment that will be appreciated by the troops and most likely yeild a fruitful return in future customers. You can read about something all day long; but, once you hear it....you're hooked. If a picture is worth a thousand words; then the sound is worth ten-thousand.

this IS a great idea, and i hope Klipsch takes notice. A small investment that will be appreciated by the troops and most likely yeild a fruitful return in future customers. You can read about something all day long; but, once you hear it....you're hooked. If a picture is worth a thousand words; then the sound is worth ten-thousand.

Hey, if you want to know what a soldier thinks, just ask one! They aren't shy and they KNOW who's got their six!

What do you think is going through their minds when they pull out a 100-minute AT&T calling card at the downrange AT&T call centers, and they make a call home and get charged 18 minutes or more for each minute they are connected, with the mandatory charge for the first three minutes wiping out 54 minutes from that card even if they only talk one minute?? Do you think they will use AT&T for their phone service when they get home?? Duh! They aren't stupid! Doesn't AT&T stand for AMERICAN Telephone and Telegraph? What's so AMERICAN about ripping-off our Soldiers? Yeah, they KNOW!

They know exactly who is taking them for a ride and who has their backs! And they vote for or against using their tax-free paychecks! Wouldn't you?

Just think about this...they are at a USO show on a camp, and they know that the bad-azzed sound system was donated by Klipsch...so, next day they are in the PX there and see earbud type headphones by Bose and by Klipsch...what do you think they will buy for their Ipods? They are downrange and are on the AAFES website...checking out all the audio stuff, not only offered through AAFES, but also offered through its affiliates on the site...they want to have an audio surprise show up at home for the family...so they pay to have some speakers drop-shipped to their home...guess what kind? That's how things work!

Hey, if you want to know what a soldier thinks, just ask one! They aren't shy and they KNOW who's got their six!

What do you think is going through their minds when they pull out a 100-minute AT&T calling card at the downrange AT&T call centers, and they make a call home and get charged 18 minutes or more for each minute they are connected, with the mandatory charge for the first three minutes wiping out 54 minutes from that card even if they only talk one minute?? Do you think they will use AT&T for their phone service when they get home?? Duh! They aren't stupid! Doesn't AT&T stand for AMERICAN Telephone and Telegraph? What's so AMERICAN about ripping-off our Soldiers? Yeah, they KNOW!

They know exactly who is taking them for a ride and who has their backs! And they vote for or against using their tax-free paychecks! Wouldn't you?

Just think about this...they are at a USO show on a camp, and they know that the bad-azzed sound system was donated by Klipsch...so, next day they are in the PX there and see earbud type headphones by Bose and by Klipsch...what do you think they will buy for their Ipods? They are downrange and are on the AAFES website...checking out all the audio stuff, not only offered through AAFES, but also offered through its affiliates on the site...they want to have an audio surprise show up at home for the family...so they pay to have some speakers drop-shipped to their home...guess what kind? That's how things work!

i hear you. I wasn't a soldier per se; i was a sailor...20 years in the Coast Guard. Loyalty runs in more than one direction and Klipsch is a good product. You're right...the troops WILL notice, they WILL remember, and they WILL consider Klipsch when they're back home building their own system.

Andy, you are right, we DO remember who was there for us.

In 1977, Fayettvill N.C. Fort Bragg, I must have tried a dozen or more times to go to the USO when in town before I gave up. They were closed EACH AND EVERY TIME I WENT. To this day, I will NOT give them one red cent!

OH, btw, that was the same time frame that I fell in love with Klipsch. I wanted a pair of Khorns so bad I could tast them, they were like $1800 a pair then if my memory serves (that WAS a long time ago!) and they were just out of reach of a E3 pay rate.

• Moderators

Very good idea, many of the stories you hear about when people heard and bought there first pair of klipsch were in the military, even if they didn't buy until they got home.

That's alot of exposure to the perfect demographic, really it's cheap advertisement in the long run. [Y]

They surely deserve great sound at these shows, they would never forget it, especially compared to what there hearing now.

Andy, you are right, we DO remember who was there for us.

In 1977, Fayettvill N.C. Fort Bragg, I must have tried a dozen or more times to go to the USO when in town before I gave up. They were closed EACH AND EVERY TIME I WENT. To this day, I will NOT give them one red cent!

OH, btw, that was the same time frame that I fell in love with Klipsch. I wanted a pair of Khorns so bad I could tast them, they were like $1800 a pair then if my memory serves (that WAS a long time ago!) and they were just out of reach of a E3 pay rate.

I wonder why the Fayetteville USO was closed so much...maybe no contributions to pay the bills for the building? Maybe no VOLUNTEERS to man it? Maybe nobody cared enough about our troops back then to contributde a few red cents to take care of us? Yeah, the USO back then was broke most of the time, and what little it did have went mostly to overseas locations for the servicemembers. The American Public was not very conducive to contributing to the USO or supporting the military in any way really...Viet Nam had done its damage, and the young guys and gals in uniform had to do the suffering for that. I never got much good out of the USO back then either, except for free tickets to the Pope's Christmas Midnite Mass in the Vatican in 1973.

BUT, things are different now and the USO gets more contributions, fortunately, so they can remain active in more places...with the main emphasis on where they are needed most, downrange! I've been there and can vouch for that! And I will still contribute to them as long as I can afford to, because it ain't about me or my feelings or my past experience from years ago...it is about NOW and OUR boys and gals over there, and making sure THEY GET THEIRS whether we got ours or not back in the day...plain and simple! JMHO!

Besides, the USO is not the recipient, our military personnel are...the USO, as an organization, is just a channel to get things to the servicemembers...or to make things happen so things CAN get to servicemembers, see what I mean? Sometimes you have to use an ESTABLISHED open channel to get things done in a timely manner!

Andy