Son's 2ch is Moving towards HT with RC-7

Youthman

• Moderators

A few days ago, I purchased a Cherry RC-7 in the original Box and Packaging from the same guy I bought my RSW-15 from for my son's RF-7 setup. Currently, it is driven by the Parasound Pre/Pro and Rotel amp in my signature so I'll need to move him towards a standard HT Receiver. Probably will not go for surrounds since his bedroom is only 11' x 11'.

He's already getting an upgrade for Christmas from his 19" TV (that he bought for $260 with his own money when he was 9yrs old) to a slightly larger 32" TV I picked up on Black Friday for $180. I really wanted to get him the 40" for $220 on Black Friday but figured I probably wouldn't be able to get it because I wasn't willing to camp out all night for it. Besides, I don't want him to be to spoiled. [:P]

Here are some pics of the Cherry RC-7. It's in great condition with only a few minor blemishes. Speaker Grill looks perfect and was inside the original packaging so it might have never been used. All grill pegs are still intact.

Klipsch-RC-7-1.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-2.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-3.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-4.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-5.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-6.jpg

Klipsch-RC-7-7.jpg

• Moderators

Looking to adopt ? [:o]

Just kidding good for you and your son, why not do it if you can ? Spoiled or not is not terribly important, he watches his parents and knows what's really important and that both of you appreciate what you have.

[Y]

• Moderators

Looking to adopt ? Surprise

LOL Why not, we typically have the entire neighborhood kids at our home throughout the week anyways. What's a few more "big kids". [:P]

Spoiled or not is not terribly important, he watches his parents and knows what's really important and that both of you appreciate what you have.

It's hard raising kids. We are blessed financially, mostly because of the influence of Dave Ramsey. Only debt we have is our house so that in itself frees us up financially. Our kids work off commission, not allowances. They work, they get paid...that's how the real world works. My son takes VERY good care of his room and to this day, there isn't a scratch on his RF-7's so I know he will take great care of the RC-7. It also doesn't help that his Dad is cheap and a Craigslist scavenger. It was too good of a deal to pass up even if I didn't need the speaker.

Now I just need to find him a super cheap 5.1 receiver and will probably sell the Parasound Pre/Pro and Rotel Amp. I might try the Rotel on the RF-7's if the receiver has preouts to see if it sounds any different. The Rotel is only 60 x 2 but it absolutely rocks the RF-7 as far as volume is concerned. Not a ton of bottom end though (not sure if that is the Rotel or the fact that the room is so small and they don't have room enough to open up).

• Moderators

It's hard raising kids

I know [:P] and it really never ends which is fine, not that I have a choice...........now it's grandkids. [Y]

You don't have to explain anything to anyone except the boss who shares the job with you. [:-*]

You doing great.

Good for you and your son Youthman.

I am right with you, my kids don't have some of the stuff yours does. But my daughter does have her yamaha speakers, and technics turntable. They to have to earn their money by the amount of chores they do there is no set allowance if they don't do all their chores they don't get all their money. My daughter bought her own camera for with her own money and she takes better care of it then her friends do with their own stuff.

• Moderators

Move the UMC-1 into his room and get yourself a nice airplay enabled avr.Stick out tongue

Doubt that's going to happen. If he wants to buy my UMC-1 from me for $300, I might consider it. [:P]

I love it nice job youth.

Thanks reference.

You don't have to explain anything to anyone except the boss who shares the job with you. Whisper

[Y]

My daughter bought her own camera for with
her own money and she takes better care of it then her friends do with
their own stuff.

That is the key. She saved, she paid, she appreciates. [;)]

I work with teenagers and we are raising a generation that has a misunderstanding that they are somehow entitled and that the world owes them. Really? Since when? Not in my house. LOL

• Moderators

Thx Kimba but the 1700 is WAY above what I'm wanting to put into my son's system. I have the opportunity to buy a like new Harman Kardon AVR65 (65 watts x 5, Dolby Digital, DTS & Preouts) for $30. It should be PLENTY for an 11' x 11' bedroom non-hdmi setup.