1979 Heresy Refinish

2ndGenKlipsch

Here are a few pictures of my 1979 Heresy's

that CAKE refinished in Brazilian Rosewood for me. These pictures really don't do

these speakers justice...they are truly gorgeous! Ty did a GREAT JOB on the

veneer.

Here's what they started out looking like:

HeresysBefore02.jpg

And after new veneer:

RosewoodHeresy06.jpg

RosewoodHeresy03.jpg

RosewoodHeresy01.jpg

RosewoodHeresy02.jpg

RosewoodHeresy05.jpg

The pictures above are a little deceiving…the

speakers aren’t actually as red as they look in these photo’s. Here’s a shot so

you can see what the finish looks like indoors

HeresysAfter02.jpg

I saw the Belles, and they did look great. Wonder what the TSCMs might look like?

I've sent cake an email and I'm waiting to hear back. Thinking of doing my subs for starters.

Rog

I talked with Michael (USNRET) the other night about something unrelated. During the course of the conversation we talked about his center channel Belle that CAKE currently has. Apparently it's taking longer than anticipated due to the fact that CAKE found out that he's allergic to veneer dust!!!! How ironic is that?? He's working with someone else that can help him with the sanding but progress is slower than normal.

I saw the Belles, and they did look great. Wonder what the TSCMs might look like?

I've sent cake an email and I'm waiting to hear back. Thinking of doing my subs for starters.

Rog

I talked with Michael (USNRET) the other night about something unrelated. During the course of the conversation we talked about his center channel Belle that CAKE currently has. Apparently it's taking longer than anticipated due to the fact that CAKE found out that he's allergic to veneer dust!!!! How ironic is that?? He's working with someone else that can help him with the sanding but progress is slower than normal.

That Sux!

Roger

Been a while since I lurked around the forum and want the thank 2nd Genklipsch for the post and thanks to all for the nice complements. Glad to see that you are enjoying the KHRW 2012. The dust allergy thing sux, but finally after having "poison ivy " 3 times I was able to figure it out. Now working with a paint & body man to do the finish sanding. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The dust allergy thing sux, but finally after having "poison ivy " 3 times I was able to figure it out. Now working with a paint & body man to do the finish sanding.

Some dust may not bother you at all. Some of the woods used in guitar bodies is quite toxic, so luthiers have to use special precautions when building with those woods.

Below are some links to some great information (the links will open in a new tab or window):

http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/

http://www.woodworkersguide.com/2008/05/07/wood-toxicity-is-nothing-to-sneeze-at/

Bruce