LaScala D.O.A. after car trip. HELP

Never nough

Good Evening, and Happy Holidays to all !!!!!!!!

Located and purchased a very beautiful pair of Natural Birch LaScalas>>>Good

They ran fine at the original owners house, we jammed out to Stan Getz and Chet Atkins for a while>>>>Good

Bring them home ( much, much much anticipation ) >>>>Good

One of em wont fire up>>>>>Bad

Serial #'s 32y595, and 32y596 respectively. They look like Brand New, Original Boxes etc.... Original Owner very anal about his speaks >>>Good

These have the crappy Type "AL" boards >>>>Bad

I'm tapped cant get the upgrade Crites boards right now>>>>Bad

Can one of you gurus enlighten me on what little capacitor, doo dad I may look at?????

Thanks much in advance Signed " Wanting to hear The Punk Meets The Godfather at ear bleeding levels"

The concern about the ALx crossover is in terms of design and not reliability.

I would take a picture of the crossover for your own reference and then check every connection on the crossover board.

Let's be very clear: are you claiming that every driver (tweeter, mid, and woofer) on one cabinet is not working? And that they never worked after they got delivered.

try switching the wires on the amp side.....move the L to the R and the R to the left and see if the problem moves to the other speaker....if it does....problem is in your gear somewhere.

a little investigation is required before we start wholesale swapping out parts. If they worked, were moved, they should work again. Chances are one or more of the screws on the terminal block of the network is loose. The speakers have been bounced all over the place by many of us and rarely do they just fall apart or fail from the ride itself.

Recheck all connections. Follow the problem, if you have to swap parts/networks with the working speaker. Maintain a clear head through your troubleshooting and the answer will become clear.