CHI-TOWN Summer Horn Bash...and more

Kevin Haskins (of DIYCable) and The Chicago Horn Club are getting together and throwing an end of July audio party/Bash on July 27, in Merriville, Indiana which is about 45 minutes or so outside of Chicago. It will be held at The Radisson Hotel in Star Plaza.

I just threw up a page on the affair. Of particular interest will be Dr. Bruce Edgar who will be delivering several lectures: "Design Factors for Horn Loudspeakers" and "Voigt and Klipsch"! Bruce Edgar is one of the leaders in horn design and a VERY interesting character. He is bringing slides of Klipsch designs and talking of the history.

A host of gear will be on hand including horns of all types (Tom Brennan is bringing some of his beasts). All the Consonance tube amps will be there as well. Ditto with some digital amp offerings such as the Tripath as well as a Gaincard clone. Vintage tubes will also be on hand. If anyone HERE is interested in bringing their vintage KLIPSCH horns and gear, please contact Kevin at the address on the site.

Take a look at the site link for more info:

Site link- CHI-TOWN Summer Horn Bash s>

It is an informal gathering and with the Chicago Horn Club lot, you never know what will happen! If you missed the Midwest Audiofest, this might be your other chance.

kh

------------------

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 06-17-2002 at 11:23 AM

quote:

Originally posted by ShapeShifter:

I did enjoy the Mid-West Audio Fest. I will consider this outing as well. Guess Classic Audio Reproductions have not signed up. Do hope John Wolff makes a presence, as I was rather smitten by his T-1 Projects. Great sounding and beautiful Maple Cabinets!

From the Updating Older Speakers Thread.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

I went to the last Chicago Horn Club meet and those folks are real nice and knowledgable people. We had a blast and there was every type of gear you could imagine and this was just a small meet at a house. I wil surely try to make this one for sure.

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Midwest Hornies,

You're going to really enjoy spending time with Dr. Edgar. His patience and knowlege are a rare treat. If he brings "Subzilla", you are really in for it. We in Southern California are fortunate to have him in residence here. Dr. Edgar is a perfect example of Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation".

BTW I have many cousins in the Chicago area who for years talked about the sound made by the organ at the old Chicago Stadium. Are pipes similar to horns for sound reproduction? Can someone explain the priciples? This organ was a beast.

Here is a link to it:

Chicago Stadium Barton Organ

------------------

http://cgi.AudioAsylum.com/systems/2235.html

This message has been edited by cjk1026 on 06-18-2002 at 08:23 AM

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to post a schedule in the next few days. Although the show is only officially one day, many are staying over till Sunday and I would imagine there will be a lot of activity the next day. In addition, from what I hear, this is going to be quite a late night affair as well...taking on a more party-like stance.... Hell, with the Chicago Horn Club in attendance, you never know what is going to happen!

I will also be updating the equipment list as well. The Edgar lectures should be VERY interesting. Tom Brennan is also bringing some of the horns he is always referencing and comparing to Klipsch. IT should be a fun gathering.

I'll get some more specific info up this week as soon as possible.

Kelly

http://www.diycable.com/horn_bash.htm c>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-10-2002 at 07:03 AM

Kelly

I doubt that I can make it even if Amar Bose himself is there

cwm45.gif

AKA - Sounds like a hoot to me! Wish I could make it.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)