FaceBook charges to deliver some messages

Daddy Dee

Wasn't expecting this. Have often sent FB messages to folks with whom I've had some sort of association but haven't thought "friending" was the right contact to make.

Today started to send a message to someone I hadn't had contact with for 25 years. The person was not a "friend" but a professional for whom I have had immense respect and appreciation. The message was just to share a word of appreciation still after all these years.

Anyway, click on "message" then FB says since I'm not the person's friend sending the message will cost $1 to deliver the message to the person's "inbox". FB says I can have the message delivered to the person's "?" box. Sorry, just now have had an attack of amnesia and can't remember the name of the general or whatever box. It's some place I've never even known existed and can't find on my own page. I'm pretty sure that for free I could send it to the equivalent to the FB members personal dead letter office and it would never be seen. I thought it was worth a dollar to send the message to the person's message inbox. Interesting enough, it takes a credit card to do it. No paypal.

Anyone else run across this new FB feature? This was the first time for me.