SUPER BOWL XLVII ! Bro. vs Bro! 49ers vs Ravens! Talk to me!

JL Sargent

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks good, you can't go wrong with sausage, cool looking grill I like the adjustable part, smart idea.

It's actually my wifes! We had a cast iron chiminea for years that we'd build fires in. She didn't like it because it wasn't enough like an open fire. She asked for a fire pit for Christmas and this is what I got her. It's the first time I've cooked on it though. The galvanized pipe is not part of the pit LOL.

• Moderators

I really like the design, simple but really nice with the adjustable height, I have little experience with charcoal, I tend to make everything extra crispy, but with that you can just raise it a little. [Y]

back in my married days, i got banned from the grill. The wife bought a bunch of ribs to celebrate one of our daughter's high school graduation. Me and a couple of guys were watching the grill. It's still a mystery on how this happened; but, she claims the beers ended up distracting us and all the ribs burnt. Whoever heard of beer distracting a person? I guess that now since we're divorced she can't be mad at me for that one anymore.

Not only was that the first time I grilled on that pit, it was the first time I used that type of charcoal. It wasn't the normal Kingsford looking briquettes. It looked like wood chunks that had been partially burned and then extinguished. I made a small pile of regular briquettes, lit them and let them turn to ash. Once it was white, I dumped the bag of the burned wood charcoal on it and waited till it all caught. Seemed like it lasted longer than the normal stuff. Worked great.

I really like the design, simple but really nice with the adjustable height, I have little experience with charcoal, I tend to make everything extra crispy, but with that you can just raise it a little. Yes

That's why I put the pipe on the handle. It made it easier to adjust. When I first put the meat on it was too low and too hot. The grill is big enough that I could move everything to the outside and then raise it. I believe the bowl is 30". I really like it.