A subwoofer should be bigger than the woofers in your mains...

wuzzzer

• Moderators

I agree ceca but the 15" drivers in the Lascala are not normally quoted as being bass heavy. Most of what I've read say the Lascalas are a little lacking in the bottom end.

I'm not sure that there is any definite rule of thumb that your sub should be larger than the drivers in the main but it often seems to work out that way.

I can imagine the RF-82's being complimented nicely with a 12" or 15" sub. My RF-83's are paired with dual 15" subs. I definitely could not see any 8" subwoofer being able to keep up with them.

• Moderators

I fell for the title also until I read a little more, trying to knock the snow off the roof from the inside the house ?

Well if it doesn't go through you could always build one like CECAA850, the IB sub, I would think it would shake snow off the roof being the inside of the whole roof is the sub cabinet.

Something to think about in Minnesota. [st]

Good luck hope it works out. [Y]

Just as a heads up - my Fortes and my Outlaw sub are for sale if this deal goes through - first dibs to local buyers!!

Duuuuuuuuuude! I never thought you'd get rid of your Fortes! Well as we all know toys come and go. That is sure gonna be a sweet sub, what are the specs on that thing?

Well the many inches of snow has prevented me from getting the sub today like I had hoped.

Just think, once you get it to it's now home, you can point it out your front door and you have the perfect snow blower. Stick out tongue

Yeah that would have been a lot better than the last two hours I spent shoveling for us and a neighbor! [:(]

Just as a heads up - my Fortes and my Outlaw sub are for sale if this deal goes through - first dibs to local buyers!!

Duuuuuuuuuude! I never thought you'd get rid of your Fortes! Well as we all know toys come and go. That is sure gonna be a sweet sub, what are the specs on that thing?

Its a passive sub that will be powered by a Mackie 1400i pro amp putting out 1400 watts into a 4 ohm load. 100dB output at 10Hz - 112dB output at 20Hz - 126dB output from 25 to 80 Hz. It will crush any subwoofer I've previously owned.