Denon AVR 1913

Hutch1814

Any thoughts on this AVR? I'm looking to finally get rid of the base model Yahama 367 (shes been good oddly enough). I seen this and I know its 7.1 and I can always repurchase the KB-15's for the rears and move the KS-14's to side. Until then I could bi-amp my towers until I could catch the KB-15's on sale again. Seems this AVR would work for me but I'm curious what everybody thinks or knows about this. I've always had Yahama's but I've seen several Denons in homes (I'm a tech for a satellite company) and most people are in to them. It'll give me about 35 watts more per channel and also does trueHD and decoding from what I understand. So with that said, suggestions?[8-|]

I have desire to own a pioneer. Yes this sounds horrible but here's why. I owned one, fried it 2 days, exchanged, fries in 2 days, exchanged, yup, fried in 2 days. My father had one, worked like a boss for about a year and burned up. I know this is prolly just a fluke and there is nothing wrong with pioneer. It's just I've got a bad taste in my mouth from them and I'd rather not venture down that road again. Thanks very much for the link, I seem this same receiver in another thread and thought about it very hard and I just couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger

I own 1910 and to be honest i'm not impressed with mid-range Denon. I was much happier with Pioneer when i had an older Elite version. It doesn't seem to produce the same warmth as Pioneer did, lacking in the mid-low range for my taste (and thats after multiple calibration runs).

I use it with RF-7 and RC-7...On content with heavy lows, i get the lows... but in regular TV or some music - i feel like it lacks mid-low and it leaves me with a feeling that it's not programmed correctly. On the other hand Elite that i had before was very well rounded in all respects.

Another vote here for the AVR-2113Ci

From AVS forum and Denon expert, "BATPIG":

Batpig's Buying Advice: As with last year, the 2113ci seems like a no-brainer for the additional $70 over the 1913.
It remains to be seen what "street price" looks like but last year the
gap was even closer than msrp from many retailers. If only for the
upgrade to MultEQ XT and the third year of warranty it is well worth it.
After that, I would only recommend going beyond the 2113ci if you will specifically use the extra features found in the next model up. Do not do it because you want more power or better sound quality!

See full review/info here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq

No affiliation, yada, yada, yada. Just the happy owner of two AVR-2113CI.

Nothing bad on Denon but go with the pioneer or pioneer elite. I have had several denons and they are very neutral sounding which I like but not the best paired with Klipsch in my opinon. I am not trying to offend denon fans here I had the 4303 recently and it was a great receiver I just prefer the sound from B&K or Pioneer or Harmon Kardon with Klipschs.

I use it with RF-7 and RC-7...On content with heavy lows, i get the lows... but in regular TV or some music - i feel like it lacks mid-low and it leaves me with a feeling that it's not programmed correctly. On the other hand Elite that i had before was very well rounded in all respects.

This is the main reason I'd like to get rid of the 367 and get something different and I've heard a lot of people who like their denons. Never heard them with klipsch speakers though

If you can - visit local stores like Costco, Fry's, etc.

I know Costco carries some Yamaha and Pioneer models, at least occasionally. So you can try one at home and then take it back if it's not what you've expected. To me, it's worth to pay $50 locally vs internet price just so i can take it back if it breaks early or if i'm unhappy with the unit.

Nothing bad on Denon but go with the pioneer or pioneer elite. I have had several denons and they are very neutral sounding which I like but not the best paired with Klipsch in my opinon. I am not trying to offend denon fans here I had the 4303 recently and it was a great receiver I just prefer the sound from B&K or Pioneer or Harmon Kardon with Klipschs.

he has already stated his dislike for pioneer products and not wanting to venture down that road. You say denon was a great receiver but go with something else? Also mention b&k and harmon kardon yet seems you prefer the anthem sound?

Well I like Denon and Pioneer. ( I use the Anthem as amps and do like them but I wanted to give him my opinion on the newer pioneer receivers with D3 amps. I really liked the sound. I also enjoyed the sound of the HKs, B&k etc with Klipsch. No harm on the Denon if he wants to look into it I just found it to be way to neutral. Trying to give one last little bit of hope with the Pioneer lol. Either way I hope he is able to find a nice amp for his speaks that is awesome to his ears. Overall I now prefer the head room and sound of using separate amps and only think the Anthem Amps have enhanced the sound coming from the decoding on my Pioneer Elite.

Sorry I took so long getting back, my wife had a death in her family. As for the suggestions, I actually went and listened to the 1913 and a couple pioneer elites. I can tell a difference but not enough to where I can sleep at night spending the money on the pioneer plus I'm running a lower end Klipsch system (icon) so I may keep looking. The 2313ci I think is the model number caught my eye but haven't really had a chance to hear it yet. I'm able to get it for 379 but don't know if it would really make much difference. What would adding an amp to the 367 do for me or can this even be done with it?

I forgot, I need to keep this upgrade as cheap as possible. Almost ended up on the couch for several days ( which wouldn't have been bad considering I could've stared at my new sub while I slept) when I came home with a new sub. Wife about killed me! I don't know how you guys have been able to convince your wives that its a sick addiction that requires help once you start buying this stuff but mine is not budging! Any ways, I really need to stay under $400 and that right now is to the brink of pushing it. I'm a vapor (analog cigarettes suck) and I need to replenish my stash so is it better for a certain time of year to catch really good sells?

You can not add an amp to your yamaha. It does not have pr outs for it. That's the problem with lower end avr's. 2113 would most likely be an upgrade as it has a great audyssey eq and lots of networking goodies to play with. I love my 1713. It has all the same stuff and is only 5.1 but that all I needed so I only spent necessary money on it.

I can't budge in the budget unfortantly. If I could I would go with the 2113ci but I think the 1913 is going to have to do it. Price is the hardest part on this one. I think I can manage with the 1913. I don't see a huge upgrade anytime soon and most of my system is 100 watts or lower so it should do me fine