Yamaha RX-A820 AVR ?

ricktate

Friend of mine bought a new one and I know nothing about AVRs yet. So the question is there a loudness [switch] as on stereo recievers? All you get for a manual is a CD and I'm trying to help him set this up by phone. Also do you have to set tone on each input like FM,DVD,TV ? Any help with this would be helpful since I never messed with AVR yet. Thanks for any help. Rick

Well i'm sure it does but finding what you need when you never had an AVR is like looking for a gene in DNA...lol. He set the tone controls then did the auto-matic set-up mike and it changed all the settings for tone. Can't find loudness setting do AVRs have them? Seems kinda like Yamaha assumes you have a way to read the CD. I just thought maybe a forum member had experince with this or close to one to help. Rick

Most modern avrs have loudness built in, it's called active eq or dynamic eq or something along those lines. I would suggest if someone has little knowledge of modern avrs they really need to read the entire manual to take full advantage of the set.

Thanks for the help will try again this weekend. I tried to download manual but you have to sign up tried that and did not work. I think a book type manual should be sent with these AVRs so you can read in the thinking room if you know what I mean..lol..Rick

I have an RX-A1000. What problem are you having? Basically you set up all the speakers by plugging in an included microphone and going into setup. If the levels don't suit you, and I needed to make the surround speakers louder on mine, there is a manual mode. with the speakers set relative to each other, you can then control the overall volume from the receiver or more likely from the remote.