RIP Alvin Lee

billybob

Bummer............. I cannot think of any other artist whose career was impacted so much by a singular performance. But man what a performance that was, at the best venue and at the ideal time. Alvin Lee's 'Goin Home' is what made Woodstock incredibly memorable. Bummer.

Sure will be missed.

I've always been a fan, have much of his music and have seen him live several times. I always thought he looked fit and appeared to take better care of himself than many/most that live the life.

It's alarming how great a risk you take these days with "routine surgical procedures". Reports of serious complications and, as in this case, even death seem far too frequent.

BTW, TYA has a nice DVD of a show shot in '83 at the 25th anniversary of the Marquee Club.

I was horrified when I heard the news.I had much more close relationship w/ him then most. A family friend was Dee Anthony and his brother Bill.

They were TYA road/tour mangers ,then Joe Cockers ,Then Peter Framtons manger. When ever they played anywhere N.Y we were invited and I mean backstage at the Fillmore East Bill Graham be damned. Then they were tied into Bandana Productions which was the east coast booking agaency for rock show of all types. It seems in most all states managers can't book dates it has to go through a booking agency so there would be no double dipping. The entire family was part of the whole seen w/ another relative running the Port Chester Capital Theater.Alvin though was a good dude never talked down to you and as a 17 y/o kid that was great. I even held the ESS 335 Big Red for a minute or 2 at the gym in New Paltz where Mountain opened for TYA and talk about a loud concert holy seets.I'm very curious what the minor surgery was he did smoke so that might have been an issue.