7 matching towers

McMiRA

Is there any advantage to running the same speaker in every location? In my case 7 kg 5.5s or even 7 la scalas? Or will the same sound be achieved with 3 good fronts and smaller surrounds? I apologize for the separate posts. I'm Preplanning the addition to the house and don't want everything to get lost in one thread.

Is there any advantage to running the same speaker in every location? In my case 7 kg 5.5s or even 7 la scalas? Or will the same sound be achieved with 3 good fronts and smaller surrounds? I apologize for the separate posts. I'm Preplanning the addition to the house and don't want everything to get lost in one thread.

McMira,

I have 7 TSCMs and I vote for yes! Timbre matching the front is the most important, but why use lesser speakers for surrounds???

I believe the answer lies in giving the consumer the best bang for his buck!! Better to have better speakers up front since that is where most of the information comes from, and I can understand that belief, but if you can afford great speakers everywhere and have the space, why not?? Space saving is another reason for small surrounds...

It just never made any Damnd sence to me to have surrounds that were less eficient speakers when the surround sounds embeded are less loud anyhow????

Let's see who can make there surrounds the hardest to hear????

I also put all matching towers in my moms 5 channel settup and am very pleased with the end product.

Not to look down on anyone elses opinion or settup, but I believe surround speakers are for people who don't have the room or don't have the finances to match the whole settup! There is a forum member here that has an all Jubilee surround system and I can't afford that, but I can still envy his system and don't feel bad about saying so....

Roger

• Moderators

I have two Klipsch KPT-684s and two Velodyne HGS 18IIs for a total of Six 18 inch drivers.

Roger, are we supposed to be impressed that you have Six 18" drivers? Well I am. [:D] That's awesome man. I've owned dual HGS15's and they totally rock. Dual HGS18's plus IB subs.....oh yeah.

You may need to keep a pair of shock paddles in your room. I can see it now. Roger is giving a demo of U-571's Depth Charge Scene to his new neighbor when he looks over and his neighbor's head is tilted all the way back, drool coming out of his mouth and no pulse....cardiac arrest. Roger grabs the paddles and yells "CLEAR!!! BOOOMP! We've got him back!" Roger leans over and says, "Kid, you'd probably best stick with your BOSE System....it's not hazardous to your health." [:D] [:P] [;)]

I have two Klipsch KPT-684s and two Velodyne HGS 18IIs for a total of Six 18 inch drivers.

Roger, are we supposed to be impressed that you have Six 18" drivers? Well I am. Big Smile That's awesome man. I've owned dual HGS15's and they totally rock. Dual HGS18's plus IB subs.....oh yeah.

You may need to keep a pair of shock paddles in your room. I can see it now. Roger is giving a demo of U-571's Depth Charge Scene to his new neighbor when he looks over and his neighbor's head is tilted all the way back, drool coming out of his mouth and no pulse....cardiac arrest. Roger grabs the paddles and yells "CLEAR!!! BOOOMP! We've got him back!" Roger leans over and says, "Kid, you'd probably best stick with your BOSE System....it's not hazardous to your health." Big SmileStick out tongueWink

LMAO Youth!! That is some funny stuff there, you made my morning. You are welcome to listen anytime!

I still have to take a back seat to guys like JC, Michael Hurd, and the Ear!!

Roger

I ran five RF-7s for awhile and even seven RF-7s but eventually moved to RS-7s and RB-75s as side and rears. IMHO, the big towers are wasted as side surrounds and rears. You just don't get enough sound back there and my room actually sounds better now because I can mount the smaller speakers in better locations to give better coverage. In theory the same speaker all the way around is the best way to go but until they start mixing in more material, it's a waste.

IMHO, the big towers are wasted as side surrounds and rears. You just don't get enough sound back there

I am in the same camp Vital, surrounds and surround back speakers do not get enough action to justify the cost and take up valuable real estate. Smaller speakers should do a great job in those rolls. I am stuck with using towers for surround back because of the open concept design of our home. The surrounds add to the movie watching experience, not compete with the front stage.

If I could do it, I might... but in reality, it's only going to be *really* beneficial in multi-channel music. I really love my RS-62IIs as side surrounds for movie watching tho, which is the main usage of my system, so I don't think I would want to lose that sound. I really think 7 towers would be heaven for all channel stereo tho.