KMC3

Gilbert

Clock radios? Wazzup, Klipsch?

Haha

Portable Bluetooth speakers. I've had a set at home for a few weeks now, and I absolutely love it. Perfect for dorm rooms, etc. Not being sale-y here, I really do love it. Phone controls it wirelessly....

These are colors we are considering. :)

I can see some great uses for these.... even at home..

Clock radios? Wazzup, Klipsch?

Haha

Portable Bluetooth speakers. I've had a set at home for a few weeks now, and I absolutely love it. Perfect for dorm rooms, etc. Not being sale-y here, I really do love it. Phone controls it wirelessly....

These are colors we are considering. :)

Why not Li Ion batteries with ability to be recharged while plugged into USB of another device (computer/TV, etc.) which is plugged into wall?

For it to hold as those D cells, it must be kinda large. Would be a nifty device if it blue-toothed into a flat-screen TV (maybe it does).

• Moderators

Why not Li Ion batteries with ability to be recharged while plugged into USB of another device (computer/TV, etc.) which is plugged into wall?

For it to hold as those D cells, it must be kinda large. Would be a nifty device if it blue-toothed into a flat-screen TV (maybe it does).

We thought about rechargables, but if you're outside at an event
without access to an outlet, we thought it would be better to be able to
replace the batteries instead of going without sound.

It will work with anything with Bluetooth capability!

• Moderators

This looks like a sweet little system! I've been wanting something the wife or I could take outside while we do yard work, or take to a room that doesn't have speakers in it that can put out good sound. Was sometime in May the release date?

Perfect use for this!

We should be getting limited initial quantities within a couple weeks. If you put in a preorder on Klipsch.com, you should be among the first to get one. We'll be beefing up inventory in May...

If you do get one, you'll have to let me know what you think!

• Moderators

How do these sound compared to the KHorn? Big Smile

Haha, you know the answer to that.

The great thing about Klipsch (and working here) is that every product we build, we make sure sounds the best in it's category. We go to great lengths to ensure that, and it allows us to be proud of everything we do. This is no exception!

But yeah, don't compare them outside of their category [:D]

We thought about rechargables, but if you're outside at an event
without access to an outlet, we thought it would be better to be able to
replace the batteries instead of going without sound.

It will work with anything with Bluetooth capability!

Did not consider that. Good consideration. In that case, Version 2.0 could be designed to let it go both ways. It could accept a Li Ion or the D batteries by designing a cartridge for D cells that takes the same shape as a removeable Li Ion battery pack. Or better yet, it could go only the Li Ion route, and you could sell back-up battery pack separately. Then, a person might buy 3 or 4 of them.

• Moderators

Hi Amy,

How do the KMCs compare sonically to the Gallery G-17 Air and the RoomGroove?

Thx!

I would say the KMC gets louder and has more bass, while the G-17 has a more refined sound. I have not compared the Roomgroove (it's been a while since I've listened to that one!), but I'm fairly certain the KMC has a wider soundstage - more room filling.

• 1 year later...

It seems like the KMC3 has a power connector in the battery compartment as if there was hardware for a rechargeable battery. Can you guys confirm what the purpose is of the port seen below.... If there's a way to add a rechargeable battery I would love to know.N8EOR4Y.jpg