Grrrr, the f---s in CA have made it illegal for me to...

kenratboy

Thanks, Dean. I love civilized discourse, and find that I can learn nothing by engaging in it with those who agree with me.

If Lao Tzu had not revealed to me the essential harmony of all religion and science, I would be less likely to have returned to the practice of Christianity. The nature of that revelation is not readily explainable...i.e., I can explain it, but the concept of the human as a temporal being who is not capable of comprehending the non-temporal requires a personal event. I still turn to Lao Tzu for answeres as much as to the Bible, which tells the identical story but in a far more abstract method that was better adapted to the intended audience.

Well, that's either going nowhere or on its way to being a book.

"If YOU can choose a belief system by sifting through them, and making an informed choice based on your understanding of the teachings, and the application thereof -- then you can be assured that God as well can tell a difference. "

Part of my belief system is founded on the idea that I am made "...in the image of God." Actually, it is more precise to say that the only difference is that I exist in time, and He exists "all at once," and doesn't "know" the future...He is already there. As to God having a religious preference, it is due to the idea that my mind works just like His that causes me to reject it. You think Jesus died for Alpha Centaurians? Fact is, I don't know, nor do I care. As a citizen of a miniscule planet of a third rate solar system out on the rim of a minor galaxy in a no name cluster somewhere in the mind of God, it is enough to know that Christ died for me. I am sure He has revealed Himself appropriately to all His children. He's certainly done well by me!

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Average system component age: 30 years.

Performance: Timeless

quote:

Originally posted by deang:

Audioholic -- I have no idea how The Stooges apply to anything in this thread. Am I dense? Are you infering this constitutes the makeup of individuals here who have an interest in maintaining the godly heritage of our country? Nice.
f>
s>

deang:

Looking at the picture directly above the one I posted it should be rather obvious. JW's use of the Bishops/Hitler picture to illustrate the need for separation of church and state struck me as ridiculous and taken out of context. I figured that my image just balanced it out a little due to the similarity of the poses, but it does require observing both images and a sense of humor. During WWII the Stooges bashed Hitler in many of their shorts, this still picture is of them done up in Nazi-like costumes and making a mockery of the Heil Hitler salute, essentially it was their way of publicly denouncing Hitler and Nazism. Try reading my earlier posts in this thread before you pass a completely inaccurate judgement on my intentions - your accusation is totally off base. But no hard feelings, my sense of humor can be a bit obtuse at times! (I'm into fini's territory now cwm1.gif)

----------------

The people who want to completely remove all references of religion from our government remind me too much of the "beer leads to heroin" mindset. Just because there's a mention of God in the Pledge and on our coins they seem to think that it will lead to a G-Man knocking on your front door, issuing you a Bible, and handing you instructions on how to follow the official State religion. What a crock! The last time I checked, this was the only country that allows the open practice of almost any religion imaginable AND allows it to be done tax-free. You want to worship Kermit the Frog? That's OK. Come from a long line of Druids? That's OK, too. Sacrifice chickens? Go for it. Just remember how this country was founded and that the core religious beliefs that helped shape the government have done far more good than harm. It was because of the founder's true belief in God that this country was set up to be tolerant of all people and all religions. If one is offended by something as innocuous as "In God We Trust" on our coins and bills just barter for your needs and you won't have to look at it (just remember to report your bartering proceeds to the IRS). Might I suggest a review of ancient Roman history to give an idea of what happens when the inmates try to run the asylum?

Mallet -- Cool. Don't forget though, God says, "My thoughts are not like youir thoughts, and my ways are not like your ways..."

Audioholic -- Oops, sorry. This thread has so much going on in it, that I simply lost track of who thinks what.

The Stooges dressed the way they are and their goofy salutes went right over my head!

John's picture does illustrate a good point though, and is hard ignore.

I do agree with you though.

f>s>

------------------

Deanf>s>

Bi-amplified Klipsch RF7s using

a pair of AE-25 PP triode amps.

A SF-Line 1 loaded with 6922's

and a 9000ES finish the front.

The low bass is supplied by SVS

and Samson. The crossover is HSU.f>s>

This message has been edited by deang on 07-06-2002 at 03:27 PM

Mallet -- Cool. Don't forget though, God says, "My thoughts are not like youir thoughts, and my ways are not like your ways..."

Oh, I do not forget that. IMveryHO, He is referring to that little issue of His existence "all at once" and our existence in time. Our logic is the same as His, but its application in a temporal framework means that "My thoughts are not like youir thoughts, and my ways are not like your ways..."

It is the difference between being LIKE God and BEING God. Man's challenge is to reduce and eventually eliminate that barrier. Jesus showed us how.

BTW, I fully comprehended and loved the stooges pix. I am a VERY sick puppy.

Nyuk

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

That is precisely what it said, and it is the truth. That is why I stopped in the initial post. Talking about Lao Tzu is a waste of time. Many joke that he wrote 5,000 words attempting to describe that which he said could not be described. It took me a decade of occasional reading of his works before it began to sink in.

That experience made it easy for me not only to return to the Christian faith, but to really believe it without getting hung up with science or other approaches to the Devine.

Dave

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Judging from the posts I see how a lot of you feel about God; just a question, what about eternity. If we only have hope in the tangible things of this life, what about the possibility of life after death. Does what one believe in this life have an affect on the after life?

Not to go to far off on a tangent...uh, the original topic, for instance, I thought I would share this.

flag.jpg

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4

This message has been edited by crash827 on 07-11-2002 at 10:22 AM

That is actually the all out perfect example of what is contradictory about many of the America populace! It illustrates a complete misunderstanding of the very principles this nation was founded under.

Jesus... If people dont see the pathetic irony of that graphic, then there is little hope.

Painful.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-11-2002 at 12:48 PM

...after seeing that graphic, I wish it was over more than you know.

This forum can barely tick over with audio/music discussion. Delving into politics, religion, human nature, and philosophy is a trip through a vast wasteland of hit or miss reasoning with the foibles and prejudice laid threadbare in a harsh light.

To groan or not to groan, that is the fate....

kh

ok-how's this for a seguay(sp?):

do you think the allied forces could have run hitler and his group out of the bunker by surrounding it with la scallas w/crown amps blaring rock and roll via manuel noriega style? DOH!! no rock in the 40's Frown.gif

ok-then howzabout the effect blaring belles might have had on this recent 'pledge' decision, if the courthouse would have been surrounded by them? what music should have been played to arrive at a decision?

4ohm or 8 ohm?

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

That is too funny. If you don't see the irony, or is that hypocrisy, of your own post there is indeed little hope. Smile.gif

Now, now, Kelly. Don't let the battalions of conservative christians overwhelm and depress you. Frankly, I get a little depressed when I see what is now recognized as average intelligence.

The light shall set you free and perhaps recognizing a little humor when it is staring at you. And, oh yes, do not rush to judgement so quickly on classifying your unknown breathren.

PS. A young man who is a conservative has no heart. An older man who is a not a conservative is a fool.

BWAHAHA. Isn't that just too funny?

------------------

Audio - Heresy, KG4

"That is too funny. If you don't see the irony, or is that hypocrisy, of your own post there is indeed little hope."

Irony and hypocracy in my own post? Well, if that was completely tongue in cheek, that power to you. I thought it was at first...until I actually went back through the thread to read some of your posts, and realized that this is not too far from where you stand based on the preceeding comments. That is when I decided to leave that rejoinder.

If, on the other hand, that graphic was a tongue in cheek parody, wonderfulla. Sadly, it is a bit close to the beliefs of a good many posters in this very thread.

kh

hi kelly,

i thought the graphic was simply funny as hell. as far as my posts in this thread i think there was one. difficult to glean much insight into my personal politics or religious beliefs from that post. it was simply food for thought.

i see little reason to object to the reference to God. God is whatever you may want to call him. Allah, Muhammed, John Lennon, whatever. Substitute the deity of your choice. hell, if it bothers you too much, don't recite the pledge but i don't see the need to force the reprinting of all the books, magazines, currency, etc. that may reference it.

shoot, i get upset when those damn hispanics start singing La Cucaracha and refuse to participate unless they give me another Cuba Libre or a Tecate but I don't advocate forcing them over the border at gunpoint.

------------------

Audio - Heresy, KG4

This message has been edited by crash827 on 07-11-2002 at 07:10 PM

I am Specifically referring to the LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT line in the graphic, a sentiment you actually mirrored in one of your first posts.

This is what I meant by complete hypocrisy. Think about what this is actually saying, what it really implies, and then think about what the hell this ramshackle country was founded on and WHY it formed in the first place.

Once you put those together, perhaps my post will make sense.

kh

mh,

there was no doubt as to your reference nor is there any question as to the irony. i likely disagree with your assessment of what it all means but the point was never missed.

the line in the graphic however says 'bite my *** and leave.' there is a subtle difference there don't you think?

------------------

Audio - Heresy, KG4

i've got a cool, lil "battle of the buldge" computer game. i'm still playing it at times after years of having it. great stress reliever - blowing the hell out of the nazis. & i'm not even a big gamer.

look out though, they're tough. Smile.gif its 4 tigers, 1 med tank, an armored flame throwing vehicle, 3 arm. carriers, troops, etc VS our troops, 1 mobile rocket laucher & 1 mine sweeping vehicle.

pretty neat lil game though. email me if you want me to send it. you better have a fast download speed though. (it is a dos program, but i've never had any problems w/ it messing my computer)

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Panzer Division ,....Budgies,......

where is Monty Python when we need them.....

C&S

If left to Conservatives......why... we woudn't even have Jazz (or Culture generally) and without Jazz ....what would the leading proponents of SET amps hereabouts be able to play and Klipschdig...............

Lawrence Welk?

Q:say man, can we get some bread up front....?

A: you hungry? you vant a sandvich?

(honk if you remember that reference)

C&S

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components