New toy for my cornwalls

Scrappydue

Reference head I just attended an audio meet to determine that amps all pretty much sound the same. I can post a link if your interested. If I leave the pioneer flat, and level match the emotiva minix I have they sound the same. But the pioneer has loudness and tone controls that the emo does not have so soon as those come into play the emotiva is left in the dust as far as my ears are concerned.

Reference head I just attended an audio meet to determine that amps all pretty much sound the same. I can post a link if your interested. If I leave the pioneer flat, and level match the emotiva minix I have they sound the same. But the pioneer has loudness and tone controls that the emo does not have so soon as those come into play the emotiva is left in the dust as far as my ears are concerned.

For every 1 link that says they sound the same I'm sure there are 50 links that say they don't. You really think a 5k halo amp sounds no better than a $700 emo amp lol. Read the 3rd paragraph of this link. I couldn't put it any better. (the coke vs pepsi says it all)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-9797090-47.html

He really nails it imo.

The guys I hang out with avs are geniuses as far as I'm concerned. Lots of test gear revealed that my emo amps have extremely similar frequency sweeps as berrhinger pro amps only with onkyo and pioneer receivers. Reading and being there is totally different. But hey people believe what they want. I have been proven wrong by everything I read. I believe a halo amp is more quality built than emo yes. But I bet if they were taken to this test we did last weekend you wouldn't have been able to tell any difference and they wouldn't have measured any different either

Scrappy - That's a beauty man, I bet it sounds great driving the Cornwalls. Enjoy! Brian

PS - Give me a buzz sometime when you have a few minutes, would like to hear about the "blind taste test" Wink

brian ill give you a call this weekend buddy

Very nice! How would you compare those cornwalls to your RF-63s? The heritage stuff is very intriguing and would love to get a pair some day.

maassey I'm not sure if you ever heard any vintage stuff but its completely different sounding than the reference stuff. I had the heresys for a while and they sounded good with MOST music I listen to but they really needed a sub. The Cornwalls with this new receiver don't need a sub at all with any kind of music I listen too. I mean they are just incredible. I will always enjoy my reference stuff for home theater but I enjoy the heritage much more for music. Had I never discovered jtr I probably would have started to try and put together a full set of heritage stuff for a home theater. I'm sure three la scalas up front would be awesome. Or even 7 heresys all the way around is probably pretty incredible. I say keep an eye around your area for Cornwalls or heresys and if you find a good price snag em and if you hate em just re sell them.

I never have but I know everyone who has has only had good things to say. A 2 channel heritage setup is definitely in my future. I'd love to get a pair of khorns somewhere and some tube amps, but that probably won't happen for a while.

The Cornwalls with this new receiver don't need a sub at all with any kind of music I listen too.

And that's coming from a guy who has had multiple pb13 ultras. They must sound damn good!

full setup. i know it's not optimal but its what i got to work with right now till i move

this is the perfect and or ultimate music setup. perfect stereo. tough to beat. everybody should experience a setup like this. it changes views on music for the current up to date kids these days. basically like a pair of headphones. you can tune any music system with this setup. i love it. the pics a good wallpaper for a true music guru. kudos!