What would you do?

gsxr970

If you had a choice between one SVS PB13 Ultra Sub or 2 Klipsch SW-115 subs, which would you go with?

Before I give my opinion I must ask this question. Does the PB13 Ultra have the Sledge STA-1000 amp or the BASH 750w amp? If the Sledge amp, I would say SVS all the way. My new(to me) SB13 Plus sub is crazy good which makes me give a [Y][Y] to the Sledge 1000 amp and 13.5 inch Ultra woofer. If the BASH amp, I can't give a yes or a no. I do know that the BASH PB13 Ultra ruled near the top before the Sledge Ultra came along.

I regretfully have not heard the SW-115 so no personal opinions there but many happy SW-115 owners hang around our forum.

Bill

Many cool things about the PB13 Ultra besides rock solid build quality, state of the art driver design, and a kick butt amplifier. This thing has selectable tuning(16Hz, 20Hz, sealed) and all the onboard features like the 2 band parametric EQ and "room gain compensation". Serious sub 20 Hz LFE, select 16Hz mode, critical music listening, select sealed mode.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, option to buy another matching PB13 Ultra in the future if desired.[;)]

Bill

I would get a Chase VS 18.1 or the SS18.2. These subs have tremendous output and extension. The SVS is a great sub and has plenty of fans but, for a good even reponse two subs are better. The Klipsch are also a winner. How large a footprint can you go?

Between those two subs? Rythmik FV15HP;)

Lol, for some reason the Rythmik FV 15HP is not mention alot. It is one powerhouse sub and out performs most of it's competitors in comparison test. The JTR SVS, Rythmik, Chase and PSA are all excellent subs and you may not be able to tell the difference in your HT. They are also so close in the boom and bang department. The Captivator and Chase can use different amps to drive them so it is possible to sqeeze them a little more.