Spare Jumpers?

Youthman

• Moderators

Anyone have a pair of spare wire jumpers they are willing to part with? I purchased these RF-5's and the previous owner did not have the jumpers when he bought them. I can make jumpers for them but if anyone has a pair that they are willing to sell, let me know. I'm temporarily borrowing the jumpers from my friend's RB-75's that I am holding for my friend.

I'll call Klipsch Parts on Monday but wanted to check here first.

Anyone have a pair of spare wire jumpers they are willing to part with? I purchased these RF-5's and the previous owner did not have the jumpers when he bought them. I can make jumpers for them but if anyone has a pair that they are willing to sell, let me know. I'm temporarily borrowing the jumpers from my friend's RB-75's that I am holding for my friend.

I don't suppose they are like the jumpers on the back of some of the 1970" era recceivers? If so I should ba able to check Tuesday when I go to Eugene Or. May be able to get them for free, but if not free, should be cheap. Probably less than postage.

.................................................................................................................Taz

I don't suppose they are like the jumpers on the back of some of the 1970" era recceivers? If so I should ba able to check Tuesday when I go to Eugene Or. May be able to get them for free, but if not free, should be cheap. Probably less than postage.

.................................................................................................................Taz

I think he's looking for the straps the go from LF inputs to the HF terminals.

Hey Youth I have a few sets from Klipsch I don't need and would be happy to send you what you need. But I probably won't be able to send them out until next Friday, I will be happy to if you can't get any sooner. PM me if you want them sent

As a side note, I believe that not all jumpers are created equal. Something to look into as the size may differ from speaker to speaker. Not sure but worth considering.

Some of Klipsch speakers had gold plated bent metal strap pieces used as jumpers, I think these were used on lower end RF models I have seen, these would need to be the correct shape to match the speakers.

While other Klipsch speakers used gold plated spade connectors attached to a short wire, the wire matched the wire used internally in the speaker. These are pretty much a universal fit all and came on Klipsch's higher up RF model lines.

The RF-5's originally came with the spade/wire style jumpers.

• Moderators

Hey Youth I have a few sets from Klipsch I don't need and would be happy to send you what you need. But I probably won't be able to send them out until next Friday, I will be happy to if you can't get any sooner. PM me if you want them sent

Rich, that would be great. Just let me know what you want for them and I'll Paypal you the money. I probably only need one pair unless I bought a second pair as a spare. I'll send you a PM. Thanks

• Moderators

Correct. They are the same ones that are used on the RC-7 and several other Klipsch Speakers. It's a red and black wire with U clips (not sure what they call them) on the ends.

klipsch_rc7_back.JPG

Correct. They are the same ones that are used on the RC-7 and several other Klipsch Speakers. It's a red and black wire with U clips (not sure what they call them) on the ends.

klipsch_rc7_back.JPG

They're called spade connectors. Spade connectors come in that wider size, plus narrow (1/4" wide across the outside) types to fit the barrier strips used on some older Klipsch speakers.

Hi Rich, I would be glad to buy one or two pair from you. Just let me know what you want for them and your Paypal email

Thanks

Michael

Just PM me where to to send them and they are yours, you can reimburse me for postage costs after you get them if you want, it won't cost much maybe a padded envelope sent in the mail.

klipsch_rc7_back.JPG

Do you need the wire ones or the solid metal ones?

The RC-7 pic Youth posted has the original wire jumpers which came on the RC-7 as well as on the RF-5 and RF-7.

Posted Image

Here is a pic of the back of an RC-3 ll which used the solid metal strap jumpers.

Posted Image

You can use the wire jumpers on pretty much any speaker but the solid straps need to fit the speaker correctly.

I need 4 solid straps for 2 of my rf-83"s

if anyone knows where i can get them thx for the info

I have another 4 of the wire type jumpers if you're interested, the wire type are generally preferred over the solid type. I am not sure what was original on the RF-83 but I would have thought that they came with wire jumpers.