Klipsch RF-7's RC-7 Dean G Crossover Mod, Cherry,Great condition 1000 & 450.00

jeffdbodean

I would suspect that by rotating the horn, you would get less dispersion since the 90 degree would be going up and down as opposed to 90 degree going left and right. My guess is it would just narrow the sweet spot but towing them inward more should fix that.

I'd also think you'd get more floor and ceiling reflection.

Hi Everyone,

I've been without internet since late last night due to storms here. I only can get sattalite internet here at the lake and it is very un-reliable at best in good wheather let alone storming.

Anyway, I did place the horn in wrong when putting them back together evidently and I never noticed. I was so happy with how much improved the speakers were. I never have my grills off so I guess I just didn't see it. I do have them toed in quite a bit so maybe the last gentleman that stated they would need to be toed in due to the placement of the horn is correct.

I can easily fix the possition however.

I also want to thank Youthman (Michael) for putting the pics on here for me. I will be downloading Firefox Michael in an effort to place some of the center and some even better shots of them all in a bit.

JD

What do you know. I was finaly able with Firefox to do this. These are from a quick take the otherday and so I will take much better ones and place them here. Please excuse the messy look as I had to basicly pull stuff out of my way just to be able to take these shotof the center It looks rough in these shots but it has no scracthes on it its just the lighting from flash.

Looks like I'm going to have to add horn orientation to my list of things to do/check when the crossovers come back. I have a real bad habit of assuming that everyone fully understands what they're getting into when they request the work.

The prices seem low to me too.

• Moderators

Again, he took advice on pricing from me but that was based on non-modified versions. I know adding DeanG crossovers add value to them. Dean, you might want to send Jeff a PM and give him some advice on appropriate pricing as I do not know what the cost of upgraded crossovers even run.

Looks like I'm going to have to add horn orientation to my list of things to do/check when the crossovers come back. I have a real bad habit of assuming that everyone fully understands what they're getting into when they request the work.

Hi Dean,

It's been a while since I last talked with you. I just never even realized there was any certain way they had to be. I thought I had them back according to how I had removed them back when I shipped the crossovers to you. Like I said back then I am no Audiophile or anything but since they sounded great I just figured all was well.

Any way it is certainly good to hear from you again.

I lowered the price to reflect todays current sittuation with jobs and all after talking with Michael since he frequented the forums more than I did. I thank Michael for his advice and he did say that he did not know what Moded RF-7's were worth. I need to sell them so rather than now go back and re-change the price, I am just simply going to leave them at what I have all ready stated I'd sell them for.

Haven't had time to re-take some pics as of yet with family in for the Holiday and all but will try at some point tommorow and place them within this thread.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

JD[:D]