Klipsch RF-7's RC-7 Dean G Crossover Mod, Cherry,Great condition 1000 & 450.00

jeffdbodean

I uploaded pictures to Flickr and should be view-able here at this link below.

[

]

Lowered to reflect current market value's and added my RC7

Both the towers and the center have been modified by Dean G.

I am selling off some of my equipment to downsize for needed room. We are getting ready to move into a smaller place so these will have to go.

I have taken great care of them. Excellent with music or home theater.

The RF-7's have some nicked spots that are so small they are barely noticeable. I just want to fully disclose all I know of so I tell of these marks in that perspective. I personally would not even notice but some folks are very particular and will want theirs to have no such marks. I truly would just classify them as marks from moving the speakers at times.
They have not been dropped or anything even remotely like that but there are just a couple of little nicks on them. They don't even show up in photos.

Also one of the woofers in a tower has a small ding in it. Not broken through or anything and is just a small little spot the size of a BB or so. I have no idea how it got there but it's there none the less. Does not impact the sound from them in any way.

One Grill is in excellent condition with no broke tabs.
One Grill however has got two broke tabs but still stay nice and tight on the tower and never falls off or any thing.
Grill cloth is excellent on both Grills.
I do not have the boxes for them so will most likely need to be a local sale here in Talladega, Alabama.

RF-7's .....1000.00
RC-7........450.00

I'll answer any questions you may have.
I have bought and sold here on the forums in the past but not lately. Sorry for everything being run together, I typed it out with paragraphs but for some reason when posting it just runs all together making it harder to read.

9188962976_188dd0b7fe_o.jpg

9188963034_28e535aeab_z.jpg

9186165629_33cc37d6b6_z.jpg

9188963628_65feaa8d11_z.jpg

9186166211_2e2c6c95d4_z.jpg

• Moderators

Jeff, the upload only allows one image per post. If you want to have multiple images in one post like I did here, you will need to resize your images to around 700 pixels wide (or they will get cut off) and upload to a server. I have my own hosting account so I upload via Filezilla and link to them from the forum. You can also use free storage services like photobucket or flickr and link to them that way. Hope that helps and best wishes with your sale.

• Moderators

You bet Jeff.

In Flickr, you can right click on an image and click one of the sizes to take you to the All Sizes page and click on the Large 1024 (680 x 1024) option. That will work fine because it's just slightly under 700 pixels wide. Then right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" or something similar depending on what browser you are using. Then in the forums, click the Insert/Edit Image (green tree icon) and paste the link into there.

NOTE: Be sure to post only 9 or less images per post or the forum will have to be reviewed for moderation before it can be added (SPAM filter).

• Moderators

Hi Jeff, when you click Reply, click the green tree icon (two buttons to the left of the Smiley Face) and then paste the link to your image. When you click Insert, you will see the image load in the "Message" section. You can add up to 9 images per post that way without being flagged for moderation.

Give me a call again if you get stuck.

post-27215-13819856521872_thumb.jpg

After talking with Michael from the forum I realized I was a bit to high on my prices so I have lowered them to reflect todays current markets.

I added the RC-7 to the sale for 450.00.

Also I forgot to mention I did have Dean G modify both towers and the RC-7 center just after purchasing them. This was not a cheap upgrade but was well worth it in my opinion. My friend has a set of RF-7 with no mod and I and him can tell a big difference from mine to his.

Mine are less as harsh and the soundstage is more open, Bass also has a much deeper punch, Highs are less harsh. I remember when I got my crossovers back from Dean the first time I heard them I was shocked at the difference the mod had made.

• Moderators

Let me know if you get stuck uploading your pics and I will add them for you. You should be able to see the Insert/Edit icon with Firefox. I think your problem was with Chrome not displaying the buttons.

• Moderators

I was thinking your prices were a little low, especially with the crossover mods. Maybe it's a regional thing.

He asked me last night about prices and I told him around $800 - $900 for stock RF-7 and $450 for stock RC-7. I shared with Jeff I'm not sure how much more the DeanG adds to the value. Maybe you guys can help recommend an appropriate value through a PM to him so that we don't clog up his ad with recommendations on what an appropriate value is?

• Moderators

Jeff,

If was a pleasure talking with you last night. I know you were having trouble adding your images so I went ahead and added them for you in your original post.

Best wishes with your sale.

Michael

• Moderators

EDIT: I bet it happened when he got his crossovers back from Dean.

That would be my guess. Would be pretty easy to do since the horn is a perfect square ( 8" square 90(o)x60(o) Tractrix®) Horn.

I wonder how that would sound

Jeff told me they sounded really good. I would suspect that by rotating the horn, you would get less dispersion since the 90 degree would be going up and down as opposed to 90 degree going left and right. My guess is it would just narrow the sweet spot but towing them inward more should fix that.

It would be easy to turn them back so not a big deal. I was just asking if that was something he tried and liked so he left them that way and just forgot to mention that he had them that way? Or if he just didn't realize he put them in wrong when he had them out for the new crossovers? Or if they somehow just came that way?