'64 Cornwalls Loved Back To Life

philly0116

I listed a pair of '64 Cornwalls a while back for sale. They were rough and needed a lot of love, and parts. They never sold and I was able to free up the funds needed to get them going again. It took steel wool, a full bottle of rejuvenation oil (they were DRY and thirsty), 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers, grill cloth and quite a bit of elbow grease. I repainted the originl pie logos with a sharpie paint pen. All of the components and cloth came from Bob Crites and its all amazing stuff. I am extremely pleased with his equipment. I left in the original K55 driver, I may have Crites rebuild them but for now, they work and sound amazing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.On a side note......in these Cornwalls was a '2R' crossover. I guess its not all that common. I will include a pic of it on down the list. Anyway, I spoke to Bodark @ the museum in Hope and made arrangments to donate the crossovers to the museum. Not a major deal but makes me happy he wanted them. That made the whole project worth it right there! Look for my 2R crossovers when you visit for the pilgrimage! [Y]

post-55909-13819856905836_thumb.jpg

I used 0000 steel wool. The oil was 'Watco Rejuvenating Oil'. You can buy it at Lowes, Home Depot or Amazon. Put a liberal amount of the oil on the steel wool and rub with the grain. Its a several day process. Apply, let dry, apply let dry, etc....Worth it though.

http://www.amazon.com/RUST-OLEUM-66041-Watco-Quart-Rejuvenating/dp/B00013US44

Ha! I heard that! Those wont be in there permanently, they are off to another room and unfortunately a height restriction where they are going wont allow for the risers! If I put them elsewhere though, risers will be a definite.