Pair of KG-5's, $35 cosmetically challenged

Coytee

if they work buy them. I will be happy to give you a hand to modify the bits out tof them. You cannot buy a good bottle of scotch for that money go now don't wait. I can ecen send you parts if you like such as modifed compression drivers and F-11 doughnuts for damping the spiders. I think they could make a great pair of rear channels or a killes stereo set for the bathroom. Keep me informed. Best regards Moray James.

On Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Klipsch-KG-5-Bookshelf-Stereo-2-Way-Speakers-/360698137428?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item53fb48cb54

Located about 100 miles from me but, I might have a reason to be in that neighborhood.

Don't need them but... was wondering how they'd work as PC speakers!

I'd never use them as rear channels, bathroom nor bedroom.... they'd be added to a collection pile of stuff that would probably end up being clutter.

OOOOPS I thought these were prehaps a military version of the KG5.2 or KG5.5 I did not realixe that they were the KG .5. Sorry I don't have parts for these at all. My mistake. I have only read that these are a decent little spaker never listened to a pair. Best regards Moray James.

Sorry guys these would be terrible computer speaks.

They are not powered. You would have to run them through an amp. Useful as rear surrounds and not much else. For computer speaks grab a set of Promedia's. For bookshelves from the KG line, try for the 1.5's, awesome little buggers.

For shame, for shame, for shame. Let's tighten things up around here advisers. I know it's summer and all, but this kind of slippage cannot be permitted while Thebes is on the job. [:D]

Well Thebes, I appreciate the guidance to avoid the slippage!

Now, if it makes any difference.....I already have a pair of Promedia's and frankly, enjoy them quite a bit.

These (if they're even still available) would be nothing more than kicks & grins. Just like the current EV drivers I'm using atop the Jubilee bass bins with the pair of K402's sitting silent atop the Danley subs.

Sometimes I think of getting a HK *30 receiver or something like that to mess around with.

I don't need anything for the bathroom.... I don't spend that much time in there! Don't need anything for the bedroom, dining room nor the back seat of my car.

I'd never (ever) use them as surrounds.... I've got my LaScalas for that.

oooops what did you say about "the current EV drivers sitting on top of the Jubilee bass bins" aside from the drivers (EV) what horns are you also running with those drivers??? Slipping minds want to know. Then there is the decimel point malfunction on your keyboard or is it arthritis in your fingers? Best regards Moray James.