Needs some others thoughts

Scrappydue

Most of you know I bought 5 mono blocks not too long ago. They were advertised as coming with warranties. All of em. Well now that I have them the guy can't find the warranty info from previous owner. Which means you can't transfer warranty. I'm betting if ask for a full refund and he refuses I would have no problem getting a full refund through PayPal since they were advertised as coming with warranties. So I offered to split shipping back to him and of course would want my full refund. Told him I felt this was fair. He thinks I should pay full shipping back. I'm not trying to screw anyone over but I feel like I should chip in a little for return shipping but not have to pay all of it. He offered to take care of anything that went wrong with them until warranty would have expired but I don't trust an stranger on the other side of the country to do that. Any thoughts?

• Moderators

That's a tough one. I do not think it's your responsibility to cover shipping if the items were not as advertised. It's one thing if you are just dissatisfied with the product. It's another if you paid for something you expected to receive based on what was stated in the ad. Did you pay for the original shipping or was it "Free Shipping" items?

He offered to take care of anything that went wrong with them until warranty would have expired but I don't trust an stranger on the other side of the country to do that.

Yeah, I'm pretty trusting of people but that is a big gamble that he will honor his word.

Have you contacted the manufacturer and explain the situation to see if there is anything they are willing to do to honor the original remaining warranty?

start with opening a claim 1st thing because he's gonna try to pace this out till you have no time left

then negotiate with him ' you can withdraw a PayPal claim anytime short of getting the full refund

you will win the paypal no matter what , he didn't live up to the contract

end of story , but cover yer butt 1st

That's a tough one. I do not think it's your responsibility to cover shipping if the items were not as advertised. It's one thing if you are just dissatisfied with the product. It's another if you paid for something you expected to receive based on what was stated in the ad. Did you pay for the original shipping or was it "Free Shipping" items?

He offered to take care of anything that went wrong with them until warranty would have expired but I don't trust an stranger on the other side of the country to do that.

Yeah, I'm pretty trusting of people but that is a big gamble that he will honor his word.

Have you contacted the manufacturer and explain the situation to see if there is anything they are willing to do to honor the original remaining warranty?

youth i payed 1175$ for the items shipped. I almost gifted the money but wife said just pay the 3% so I have 1210$ total. I've been asking him for the warranty info for three weeks. First he was on vacation so couldn't do much but now that he is back home he says he is working so much that this will have to wait till the weekend. I wouldn't mind doing that if it hasn't already been almost a month. Plus I kinda feel like I'm getting shafted because to me when you advertise some

Thing for sale it should be ready to go. It should come with all the original accessories unless noted, and a warranty if that is stated as well. No warranty info and no trigger cables either. So I either gotta buy 5 trigger cables or press all the buttons individually. Which after the projector, ps3, receiver, and six amps total I'm half way worn out lol

• Moderators

Light a fire. Tell him he has 24hrs to make good or you will Big Smile

I'm with Reference on this one. I wouldn't file a claim immediately. At least give the seller an option to make it right. Main reason is I had this happen once to me.

I have 100% feedback on Ebay and value that. I had a customer that I sold a used ski jacket to. I always upload around 10 high resolution, 1000 pixel wide images when I post an ad on Ebay or Craigslist because I want people to be able to see exactly what they are getting before they buy. I always note any defects that I see. The buyer emailed me saying that the white stripes on the jacket were very dirty. I told them that I did not wash the jacket before sending it and it had been used for a few seasons so it would have some wear on the jacket. He felt the item wasn't as described (which it was). Everyone I asked said the same thing that the guy was being rediculous. Next thing I knew I received an email from Paypal saying they locked my Paypal account until the claim was resolved. I was frustrated because at that point, I had no rights. I could not contend it, I could not buy or sell via Paypal. It was a joke.

I would let him know again why it's not your responsibility to ship back something that was misrepresented in the ad. What if I bought a car and the car didn't have 4 wheels but the ad stated it did. I pay for the car to be shipped from out of state and it arrives on a flat bed trailer and they have to use a forklift to unload it and place it in my driveway. Is it really my responsibility to pay to ship the car back to the seller because it doesn't have tires? I know that is an extreme example and not quite apples to apples but it's the same principle. If the item isn't described accurately, it is the seller's obligation to either pay to ship it back and issue a 100% refund or provide the buyer with additional money to make up for the difference.

Tell him that you need to resolve this within a deadline (ex 24 - 48 hours) to decide if he will pay for return shipping and that if it isn't resolved, then you will need to file a claim with Paypal. That way he is fully aware of your intentions and he has a choice to make.

a claim can be taken back at any time But you only have a small window to file once that passes your outta luck

I myself have 100% rating also filing a claim is NOT a bad OR negative feedback .

the claim protects your status to get your money back . Once you file the claim the guy will settle

Really unless you have some personal tie to this guy , you owe him nothing at all , he owes you

he needs to stand up to his claims of having the warranty IF not then get your money back

he is trying to string you along until the PayPal time period for a claim has passed .

file the claim & THEN deal with him .

what good is it to use PayPal if you are not going to take the buyer protection they offer .

the longer this goes the more fishy his story will get

Ok so I filed a claim and told him I would pay half of the return shipping to keeps things civil. I thought that was fair considering the problems with the transaction. Numerous emails as well as messages on the emo forum have went back and forth so i feel he has had plenty of time to fix the issue. We will see how this goes as I did it this morning. Haven't heard back from him yet.