Deal of the Day-My new 2 channel system

derrickdj1

I have been looking for a pair of Chorus speakers nearby for awhile and nothing has been available. While searching CL I seen an add for McIntosh speakers and receiver. After a 1/2 tank of gas here is my prize.

McIntosh MC 1700 fully restored with one minor blemish: Vintage 1967-73

McIntosh XR 5 speakers (walnut cabinet) reconed, update binding cone and one minor blemish bottom back corner of one speaker: Vintage 1976-1980

Pic 5

The receiver has the original owners manual and the work the audio shop did to the reciever to make sure it is fully functional. I love the sound of the receiver and speakers. I am not quite sure what to do with the receiver since I only have digital music and newer BDP, and gear since I have quite figured out how to get the media to go thru the receiver'w aux input. Darn HDMI connections.[;)]

I want to listen to the receiver but how can I connect my digital media? The reciever has a phono1&2, tape, cd and aux input. I don't have any old component with these type of connections. Any help is appreciated.[:D]

Edit: Problem taken care of.

So far the Mc speakers are hanging tough with the RF 7's on spl,clarity and dynamic.[:)] The do sound different: the Mc are more laid back but very full. They sound great listenig to some piano by Jim Chappell and Jim Brickman. I can't decide on what system to use the Mc or Yaqin, both sound great but, I am easy to please.

Thanks Daddy Dee. I have the BDP connected to the aux and the Mc has been hooked up today. It sound like my tube amp and forty watts system more than enough to drive the speakers. There is a fullness to the sound stage that is slightly different than the RF 7's, not better, not worse, just different.

Cornman those speakers are heavy.

Reference_head I like the Ideal of being able to use the remote .

Now the wife like the smaller speakers and said move those big things downstairs. The XR 5's do match the wood floors better but, I don't want to entertain lugging this gear around the house.

Cornman those speakers are heavy.

Reference_head I like the Ideal of being able to use the remote .

Now the wife like the smaller speakers and said move those big things downstairs. The XR 5's do match the wood floors better but, I don't want to entertain lugging this gear around the house.

derick look for a nice dac. I bought the emotiva xda-1 to have more than one input and digital as well. Cause the mini-x in my bedroom only has one analog. So not only did I get more inputs, much better sound, I forgot it comes with a remote! So now I just set my mini-x volume half way up cause I would never listen louder than that, and then use the volume on the xda-1. It works perfect and you can run all kinds of media to it.

That sounds like a very cool Ideal. I will be looking into that option. I may convert the family room to a satellite HT systme to have for TV veiwing and set the Mc gear in the family room for a strictly 2 ch setup. A remote would be great to add a nice moderen feature. The RF 7 system can go to the basement. It would be interesting to see how the subs are in a smaller space and the speaker in a less reflective room. I will not tell my wife that, lol.